Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any sticky thread where we can post advice or requests to the mods?

I would request that the names on the homepage in the list of threads (eg "thread started by" and "last post") are highlited & linked to the user's profile.

How silly can that be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SILLY PERSON)

I would request that the names on the homepage in the list of threads (eg "thread started by" and "last post") are highlited & linked to the user's profile.

How silly can that be?
    they used to be and i think this will be rectified when new software comes out. we are on beta at the mo u c.

there is a suggestion box, usually sticky but due to high number of stickys its been temp unstuck

ReputationRep:

How silly can that be?
    That sort of integral change to the functionality of the board can only be performed by administrators (moderators can generally not change the actual generic functionality and layout of the board; they may generally only modify data entities such as threads, signatures and members' ban status etc.). d is the only board administrator, so the kind of suggestion you've given above needs to be directed at him.

Regards,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    That sort of integral change to the functionality of the board can only be performed by administrators (moderators can generally not change the actual generic functionality and layout of the board; they may generally only modify data entities such as threads, signatures and members' ban status etc.). d is the only board administrator, so the kind of suggestion you've given above needs to be directed at him.

Regards,
    Why is your O/S pronounced deeox when it's spelt d'ksos?

ReputationRep:
    Why is your O/S pronounced deeox when it's spelt d'ksos?
    Where did the 'k' come from? 'DXOS' has no hint of a 'k' sound in any possible pronunciation as far as I can see...

'DEEOX' is just how I chose it to be pronounced...

ReputationRep:
    Where did the 'k' come from? 'DXOS' has no hint of a 'k' sound in any possible pronunciation as far as I can see...

'DEEOX' is just how I chose it to be pronounced...
    isn't 'X' pronounced 'ks'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    isn't 'X' pronounced 'ks'?
    Hmm... that's not how I pronounce it, although I think I can see where you're both coming from now. I instinctively pronounce it 'deeox', and that's how I intended the name to be pronounced.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... that's not how I pronounce it, although I think I can see where you're both coming from now. I instinctively pronounce it 'deeox', and that's how I intended the name to be pronounced.
    and its his damn software so he can do what he likes with it lol!

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry.

I just thought it would be logical if the 'x/ks' sound came before the 'o' sound like in the spelling.

My bad.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry.

I just thought it would be logical if the 'x/ks' sound came before the 'o' sound like in the spelling.

My bad.
    My last post may have sounded a bit snappy, sorry; I never meant to chastise you! No need to apologise, pronounce it how you like!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.