Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In short, very bad unsupportive so-called "parents". I can't work for long periods. I feel lonely, lost, tired most of the time. Nobody takes care of me now I'm an adult and didn't before. I have trouble keeping up relationships (can take all my effort but then I can't take care of my future at all), and trouble sleeping and eating. No one to rely on or show genuine, unconditional care. I could hardly sleep back in home country and constantly wanted to come back to UK. I wanted to work, unfortunately I have been stuck at an airport and a town nearby for a month just thinking and could not make a simple decision. I feel too tired and messed up to work but these basics are not taken care of. But I know if I go back, it'll probably be the same, I will miss UK AND I won't be able to sleep probably. But at the same time I still have not done anything here. The one place I feel about happy is some relatives in a neighbour country, but it is very poor with poor prospects.. Please tell me what is the smart thing to do here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In short, very bad unsupportive so-called "parents". I can't work for long periods. I feel lonely, lost, tired most of the time. Nobody takes care of me now I'm an adult and didn't before. I have trouble keeping up relationships (can take all my effort but then I can't take care of my future at all), and trouble sleeping and eating. No one to rely on or show genuine, unconditional care. I could hardly sleep back in home country and constantly wanted to come back to UK. I wanted to work, unfortunately I have been stuck at an airport and a town nearby for a month just thinking and could not make a simple decision. I feel too tired and messed up to work but these basics are not taken care of. But I know if I go back, it'll probably be the same, I will miss UK AND I won't be able to sleep probably. But at the same time I still have not done anything here. The one place I feel about happy is some relatives in a neighbour country, but it is very poor with poor prospects.. Please tell me what is the smart thing to do here?
    Hi there,
    I'm not too sure what to say but something I try and follow all the time is just putting myself first. I always do what makes me happiest and if happiness isn't possible then it's doing whatever to limit the impact something might have on me.
    Regarding sleeping, there are some great posts on the Internet about sleep hygiene, that I found worked after a week or so. A lot of it sounds simple and some of it you may not have thought of but do give it a try and some time too.
    With the eating, I totally appreciate if you are struggling to eat but try to make time for it. Even start off small and build up to a normal meal, have time allotted to meals, they don't have to be extravagant if that's the right word, even ready meals to make it easy. .
    I can't tell you what the 'smart thing to do here' is... But if you ever want support or advice about sleeping, coping etc, I am around.
    Hope this helps even a little bit.
    Bee

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.