Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Restoring colour back into light beige chinos? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically my chinos had turmeric/curry stains on them (don't ask how) so I rubbed some lemon as shown on the internet. My mum washed them and omg the there are patches of white (white spots and patches) most of it is still light beige but the patches are still very noticeable. So how can I turn those patches back to light beige like the rest of the chinos colour without dye preferably.
    Remember I want white back to light beige not the other way round.
    It was put in a hot wash by the way. I read that alcohol may work but I am a Muslim so I don't want to buy alcoholic drinks. So are there any alcohol wipes or products with significant alcohol content that I can use and where can I get them from, bear in mind I live in London tower hamlets so i'm not gonna venture very far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talha50)
    Basically my chinos had turmeric/curry stains on them (don't ask how) so I rubbed some lemon as shown on the internet. My mum washed them and omg the there are patches of white (white spots and patches) most of it is still light beige but the patches are still very noticeable. So how can I turn those patches back to light beige like the rest of the chinos colour without dye preferably.
    Remember I want white back to light beige not the other way round.
    It was put in a hot wash by the way. I read that alcohol may work but I am a Muslim so I don't want to buy alcoholic drinks. So are there any alcohol wipes or products with significant alcohol content that I can use and where can I get them from, bear in mind I live in London tower hamlets so i'm not gonna venture very far.
    Ok from the top:

1. Best case - buy new trousers
    2. The fabric has had a bleaching type effect on it - you won't get that out. Best you can do is buy a wash in dye that you put in a washing machine with the garment - read the instructions carefully, you'll probably need to buy some salt as well. I think it's Dylon brand that most people use - that should sort it out - but make sure you tell everyone what you're doing and put the washing machine on rinse afterwards.
    3.What the hell, dude, you don't use booze to clean stains!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.