Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am an undergrad studying Structural engineering and architecture at the University of Sheffield going into my 3rd year now.
    I know it is extremely late in the process but I've only recently realised how unhappy I am at uni.
    I don't feel confident going into 3rd year in my course, I have struggled all year on work as I believe it is the architecture that is holding me back.
    Even though I have had a great time here and made many good friends, I have fallen out of love with the city and feel like my time here is coming to and end.
    I've heard its possible to transfer this late as long as its before A level results day?
    I have been looking at courses and really want to transfer to Leeds or Manchester to study straight Structural engineering/Architectural engineering.
    I believe it would be extremely unlikely to transfer into third year however I am willing to go back a year and start at second again.
    Its all very stressful as its so late, I was just wondering if I have any shot at luck with this?
    And if there is a chance - how would I go about it?
    Thanks a lot.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by bakescakes)
    Hi guys, I am an undergrad studying Structural engineering and architecture at the University of Sheffield going into my 3rd year now.
    I know it is extremely late in the process but I've only recently realised how unhappy I am at uni.
    I don't feel confident going into 3rd year in my course, I have struggled all year on work as I believe it is the architecture that is holding me back.
    Even though I have had a great time here and made many good friends, I have fallen out of love with the city and feel like my time here is coming to and end.
    I've heard its possible to transfer this late as long as its before A level results day?
    I have been looking at courses and really want to transfer to Leeds or Manchester to study straight Structural engineering/Architectural engineering.
    I believe it would be extremely unlikely to transfer into third year however I am willing to go back a year and start at second again.
    Its all very stressful as its so late, I was just wondering if I have any shot at luck with this?
    And if there is a chance - how would I go about it?
    Thanks a lot.
    First contact the universities and ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.