Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know the legal status of someone firing their shotgun over the road with buckshot then raining down around my ears..? I rather doubt its on purpose but never the less.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Anybody know the legal status of someone firing their shotgun over the road with buckshot then raining down around my ears..? I rather doubt its on purpose but never the less.
    Before you go with legal action, have you tried simply telling them your concerns and why it's bothering you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Before you go with legal action, have you tried simply telling them your concerns and why it's bothering you?
    Repeatedly, its infuriating. Not to mention it has been happening for years. Last season a window broke so the police were called at that point albeit they naturally found no one in the area -.-. Shooting is going to happen here it is the country after all and i'm next to a game wood albeit if my memory serves firing towards roads or buildings is a big no-no...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Repeatedly, its infuriating. Not to mention it has been happening for years. Last season a window broke so the police were called at that point albeit they naturally found no one in the area -.-. Shooting is going to happen here it is the country after all and i'm next to a game wood albeit if my memory serves firing towards roads or buildings is a big no-no...
    I'm no expert to be honest, but if it were me, I'd just wait till the next time a fragment comes down anywhere near you, and call the police immediately and say that you're in danger of being hit... Without them catching them there and then, I guess there's not masses that they can do. Quite frankly though, what inconsiderate, idiotic jerks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I'm no expert to be honest, but if it were me, I'd just wait till the next time a fragment comes down anywhere near you, and call the police immediately and say that you're in danger of being hit... Without them catching them there and then, I guess there's not masses that they can do. Quite frankly though, what inconsiderate, idiotic jerks.
    Indeed, i mean I shoot myself albeit I try to keep it to the club or at least not toward a road or the like. When it happened in this instance both the neighbour and Mother went absolutely bat **** crazy marching over the road to find the little hooligans :rolleyes: Most people are fine around hereit seems to be when their spawn get back from school/uni etc. and go about like a hillbilly blasting left and right.

Mmm it should be interesting to see if they do anything though. Albeit I did here a quaint anecdote once where some lady was tired of being burgled and the police taking hours to respond she changed tack and claimed to have shot the intruder ... 5 minutes later multiple ARU's are there and aprehend the oik and she is smiling on it.. i might have to try it :rolleyes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Indeed, i mean I shoot myself albeit I try to keep it to the club or at least not toward a road or the like. When it happened in this instance both the neighbour and Mother went absolutely bat **** crazy marching over the road to find the little hooligans :rolleyes: Most people are fine around hereit seems to be when their spawn get back from school/uni etc. and go about like a hillbilly blasting left and right.

Mmm it should be interesting to see if they do anything though. Albeit I did here a quaint anecdote once where some lady was tired of being burgled and the police taking hours to respond she changed tack and claimed to have shot the intruder ... 5 minutes later multiple ARU's are there and aprehend the oik and she is smiling on it.. i might have to try it :rolleyes:
    Yeh, I mean, I'd be surprised if they didn't given there's a genuine concern for safety here... Hahaha, yes I think I've heard a similar anecdote... Say you fear for your life and they'll be there asap!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure shooting an air rifle and having the pellets landing in someone else's private property is an offence

Same probably applies to shotguns

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.