Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone know exactly what the score is on this one?

i have a scooter i've had since i was 17 (now 23) and it sat about for a few years not doing much and obviously needed an MOT done. because of where i now work i can't park a car easily or cheaply whereas a scooter would be simpler.

anyways, lights is the only thing they test for scooters here in northern ireland (by the looks of the test sheet) and mine failed for being too high, which i kinda expected before i sent it in because they've always pointed far too high. i'm able to adjust them myself and my scooters maintenance manual says the lights should point just below the height of the light source at a distance of 10 metres. however this is just what the (italian) manufacturers book says from 2001 and i've no idea if that is the regulation here.

anyone know exactly how the lights should be orientated. as usual the internets has too much information on it that any search term brings up a thousand useless results.

there are several diagrams http://www.ukmot.com/1-6.asp#Text_top so if you can decipher them :p:

ReputationRep:
    The MoT tester should have been able to adjust them???
    I just drive up to the garage door and take measurments that way...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 14, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.