Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At the moment i have an offer from Coventry university, but after getting to know the uni i really dont want to go anymore. I want to change to Nottingham Trent . But i live quite far from nottingham so i will need accommodation, what's the likelihood i will get accommodation in halls ? Is there any other unis that will offer clearing accommodation?? Which are the best unis to goto in clearing that focus on student life quality?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by daisyfx)
    At the moment i have an offer from Coventry university, but after getting to know the uni i really dont want to go anymore. I want to change to Nottingham Trent . But i live quite far from nottingham so i will need accommodation, what's the likelihood i will get accommodation in halls ? Is there any other unis that will offer clearing accommodation?? Which are the best unis to go to in clearing that focus on student life quality?
    Hi daisyfx,

Do you have an insurance choice? If you do have an offer with Coventry University, and you are 100% sure that you don't want to go there anymore, you could ring up their admissions team now and let them know that you no longer want to go to their university and would like to be placed into Clearing. I believe it makes the process quicker. However, if you do have an insurance (and again you are 100% sure that you don't want to go there), you may have to ring them as well to let them know that you would like to be placed into Clearing. However, if you want more detailed advice on this - I would recommend posting something in the Applications and UCAS Forum. They should be able to confirm what you need to do and give you more detailed answers!

On Results Day, if you have confirmed an offer from us through Clearing, you can then sort out your accommodation. There is an online form which you will need to fill out giving your preferences, and then the Accommodation Team will then give offers of accommodation on a first-come first-serve basis. There is no guarantee that you will get your halls of preference as it all depends on what halls are available. If our Halls become full, then we have connections with some of the private halls within Nottingham.

I hope this helps, and if you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Ellen

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.