Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends starting graphic design in september 07 - for this year the campus is still psalter lane. trying to help him choose which halls to apply for, hes already got an unconditional offer. D'you reckon its best to go for Charlotte Court which is close to psalter lane or go for city centre halls and get buses in, e.g. exchange works/archways/leadmill point/trigon (the new 1). Completely stuck on where to apply for - suggestions please!! Also anyone know how good the buses are to get from centre to psalter lane?? Thank youuuu xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am doing Graphic Design at Psalter Lane too. I choose Charlotte Court, I hear its about 40 mins walk from Psalter Lane and 20 mins from City. I think there is a bus from ecclesall road and its about 50p??

From what I have heard don't try the trigon as everything falls off the walls.

I know two people who have been to charlotte court and they highly recommended it. I was also told to put Leadmill Point and Archways down as choices too.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    i'm also doing graphics... put summerfield street, rosedale house, washington house and charlotte court...

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've just done my first year up at Psalter lane and i'd recommend the city. It's a better atmosphere and once you get used to Sheffield things don't seem that far away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah to be fair you really wanna live in the city. I've also just finished my first year at Psalter and I lived in the city, obviously I can't compare it to anything else but there was a great atmosphere in the city.
    You also don't need to walk far to any of the nightlife and it's alot easier for shopping and that.
    There are 2 buses an hour from the city to Psalter and they take about 20 mins and arrive on the hour and at half past, which is perfect timing for lectures and seminars.

ReputationRep:
    Plus there are like a million stagecoach busses per hour that go up eccelsall rd near psalter lane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollie123)
    Plus there are like a million stagecoach busses per hour that go up eccelsall rd near psalter lane.
    Yeah, sorry forgot to mention this. It's also much cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Did you ever walk up hunter house road? It's like a launch pad for NASA, disadvantage of the 50p busses.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah too many times! Bit of a killer, good work-out tho, made up for the dirty drinking the night before.

ReputationRep:
    I think charlotte court would be a good choice. Or maybe you should consider somewhere a bit nearer to ecclesall road as an alternative. Its sort of in between the city and the outskirts.

I know you haven't mentioned it but Phoenix Court is great! Right off West Street (****** hot night out,) perfect location not overy far from each campus, great atmosphere, mid price, central really to transport links, shopping, night life etc...! ..... Just thought i'd mention it cause everyone always goes on about the others and forgets this lil gem lol!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 29, 2007

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.