The Student Room Group

Want a job instead of going to college?

Can you do this, if you don't have the right grades or if you just don't want to go to college.? i really don't want to go to college. i am not brainy at all :frown: rather get paid than stay in education.
You have to be in either full or part time education or doing an apprenticeship until you're 18
Original post by Jackieox
You have to be in either full or part time education or doing an apprenticeship until you're 18

I agree.
What sort of thing are you interested in? There will be plenty of apprenticeships/college courses for you- an you dont have to be brainy.
Original post by amyjanee15
Can you do this, if you don't have the right grades or if you just don't want to go to college.? i really don't want to go to college. i am not brainy at all :frown: rather get paid than stay in education.

Dont undersell yourself

Its quite handy to have at least funcional Maths and English. You cna do education throughout your life and ive met many kids who were made to feel that way at school who later went on to Uni or back to college.

Until you are 18 then you still have to be in p/t education or training and as suggested above an apprenticeship might suit.

It might be a smarter move to go to college and get some vocational skills that cna lead you to a better job. Talk to a careers adbiser and look at areas you might enjoy working in.
Reply 4
You can take up an apprenticeships so you are getting paid and working towards qualifications. I wouldn't recommend leaving the education/training system entirely, even if that is an option. Leaving education for some money might seem like a good idea now but a lack of qualifications will limit how much you can make in the future.
You'd have to stay in education until you're 18. If you really don't want to go to college then there are apprenticeships that you can go into :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyjanee15

The Law says you have to stay in education but I know a lot of people who work 40 hours weeks and i have in summer holidays ect just either go to a small place or start off with part time work :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending