Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im about to buy a computer for uni, going into first year this September. This would also be my laptop for uni work as well as general usage like social networking, music (I have about 2000 songs), photos etc. I don't wanna spend over £300 unless I have to. And looking something slim and portable, about 14" but not strictly restricted to that.

I've been attracted to buy the ASUS EeeBook E403. It has memory of 32GB, don't know if thats too little or too much, someone please put that in perspective.

And are there any special features I need to consider for suitability to Economics?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krowfan)
    Im about to buy a computer for uni, going into first year this September. This would also be my laptop for uni work as well as general usage like social networking, music (I have about 2000 songs), photos etc. I don't wanna spend over £300 unless I have to. And looking something slim and portable, about 14" but not strictly restricted to that.

I've been attracted to buy the ASUS EeeBook E403. It has memory of 32GB, don't know if thats too little or too much, someone please put that in perspective.

And are there any special features I need to consider for suitability to Economics?

Thanks
    Have a look at novatech they get 9.5 on trustpilot are British made offer lots of different priced laptops, can customise them to spec and have advisors who can help

Novatech.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Anything relating to my degree that I must consider when buying a laptop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krowfan)
    Anything relating to my degree that I must consider when buying a laptop?
    Have a look at novatech.co.uk they are reasonable and can modify the laptop for you as well.

Expensive option
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/ran...liten1632.html

Changes to make
    Remove 1st hdd
    Change 2nd to Sandisk 256gb SSD
    Add Windows 10

Comes to £819.50 - 5% cashback from topcashback

Cheaper option
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/ran...piren1624.html

Changes to make Remove first HDD
    Change second to 250GB Samsung
    Add Windows 10
    £585.94- 5% through top cashback.

Changes you may wish to make to either
    increase ram to 16GB.

The difference between the two models is the top one has a better CPU and comes with a graphics card.I'm a computer science student any questions just ask.

I would say you need 8GB of RAM and 250GB HDD/SSD minimum

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.