Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A couple of years ago I injured my back due to hyper extension from heavy dancing. The joints at the bottom of my spine locked up and I've been suffering from lower back issues ever since!

I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas to do in the gym in order to strengthen up my lower back again. I do lots of stretches every day to loosen it up but need to try and incorporate it into my gym routine!

ReputationRep:
    Deadlift Deadlift Deadlift. It's an incredible exercise that especially helps building up your lower back

ReputationRep:
    A quick google got me to this:

Nice to see someone actually overcoming an injury and not giving up on their dream (thus becoming a fat slob )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revi)
    Deadlift Deadlift Deadlift. It's an incredible exercise that especially helps building up your lower back
    Came here to say this, but be very sure to get your form right and start off with very little weight until you know how much you can safely lift and have the correct form etched into your central nervous system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    A quick google got me to this:

Nice to see someone actually overcoming an injury and not giving up on their dream (thus becoming a fat slob )
    Thank you! I've had a google before but wanted to see what others seemed to recommend. These exercises look fab and I do a couple of them! Much appreciated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.