Turn on thread page Beta

Adapter Question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Usually, I use my laptop for over 8 hours a day - I use the AC Adapter and for the past four months I've had the laptop, have used it without the battery in and just ran it off the adapter. Recently however, I plugged the battery in because without it there is a big hole in the middle of the laptop and it just looks ugly, but the adapter will feel very hot after a few hours - hotter than it would feel after being in use for a number of hours without the battery in. So am I jumping to conclusions or is the hot adapter because of the battery being plugged in at the same time as the laptop being in use? If I remove the battery will the adapter go back to the temperature it always has been at without the battery plugged in?

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough, I removed the battery about five minutes ago - and the adapter has already started to cool down, despite the fact it's giving my laptop the power to run...

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.