Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm totally new so quite possibly the wrong forum, sorry! But I was just wondering are house parties usually allowed in student accommodation? Even if you informed the security beforehand? I know every accommodation block is different but I'm going into 1st uni in about 3/4 weeks (ijn) and I was just wondering loool

Obviously my main focus is getting a degree but I'm honestly just curious tbh

Thank ye in advance
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    They weren't allowed in my halls, but it may vary between different Uni's.

ReputationRep:
    lol "inform security beforehand".

It sounds like you should'nt be having house parties quite yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    lol "inform security beforehand".

It sounds like you should'nt be having house parties quite yet

loool you're probably right uno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    They weren't allowed in my halls, but it may vary between different Uni's.
    thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by yungceebs)
    I'm totally new so quite possibly the wrong forum, sorry! But I was just wondering are house parties usually allowed in student accommodation? Even if you informed the security beforehand? I know every accommodation block is different but I'm going into 1st uni in about 3/4 weeks (ijn) and I was just wondering loool

Thank ye in advance
    Hello

As someone has said it's different across different universities.
    In my halls there were always flat parties, the floor I was on was the 'party floor' and every week we'd have parties in our kitchen - a kitchen meant for 8 and I believe one night there were around 60 people in there. From my friends are different universities there are always parties in halls and in flats - as I said, personal experience and security will only come if there is a complaint etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

As someone has said it's different across different universities.
    In my halls there were always flat parties, the floor I was on was the 'party floor' and every week we'd have parties in our kitchen - a kitchen meant for 8 and I believe one night there were around 60 people in there. From my friends are different universities there are always parties in halls and in flats - as I said, personal experience and security will only come if there is a complaint etc.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    you won't be allowed to make a disturbance but plenty of people will anyway, you'll only get in trouble if someone complains although you might piss people off

tbh there's usually cheap clubs that students go in a lot why not go there? if someone get's drunk and damages your flat you will have to pay for damages

ReputationRep:
    You will most likely be fine. If you feel like you absolutely must inform somebody, then invite over the flats above/below/next door to you. That way it lets them know there will be a bit of noise and you don't come across as a knob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungceebs)

Thank ye in advance
    Pls tell me you didn't put ijn meaning in Jesus name

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.