Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been on the Taste of Deloitte event? If so, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Got a hyperlink?

ReputationRep:
    http://careers.deloitte.com/studentgrad.aspx

ReputationRep:
    theres one next week in birmingham...whats involved in these kind of events, it says the first day will be presentations etc and 2nd day you shadow someone.

ReputationRep:
    Are thee such events in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spencer11111)
    Are thee such events in London?
    I don't think so as it's not mentioned on their website. You could always just ring and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartofengland)
    theres one next week in birmingham...whats involved in these kind of events, it says the first day will be presentations etc and 2nd day you shadow someone.
    To be honest, all I know is what is written on their website. I'm going to the b'ham one next week and hopefully, it should be good.

ReputationRep:
    I want to shadow a person for Audit and Assurance. Is it interesting or boring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spencer11111)
    I want to shadow a person for Audit and Assurance. Is it interesting or boring?
    go and you'l find out! I think if u want to learn about roles in greater depth these kinds of things are the best, i dont know if the one in brum was just for graduate applications i.e. 3rd yrs/those who have left, but im hopefully going as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhokes)
    To be honest, all I know is what is written on their website. I'm going to the b'ham one next week and hopefully, it should be good.
    you staying the night in Birmingham as it says on the email that they pay for your accom and transport which is surprising as its just an open day!!! Also what other info did you recieve about it re dress code etc?

ReputationRep:
    you staying the night in Birmingham as it says on the email that they pay for your accom and transport which is surprising as its just an open day!!! Also what other info did you recieve about it re dress code etc?
    Yep, I'm staying in b'ham. To be honest, I haven't received much info- the dress code is smart business casual. I'm shadowing the Employer Solutions service line, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've been to this.

The first day involves presentations and business games, dependent on which service lines that particular ToD is on.

The second day is shadowing.

ReputationRep:
    ^Cool. What service line did you shadow and how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    i live about 30min train/1hr bus journey but if their paying might as well stay ova on thurs!! what hotel u booked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studious)
    I've been to this.

The first day involves presentations and business games, dependent on which service lines that particular ToD is on.

The second day is shadowing.
    how many people attend..and do u have to make speeches?

ReputationRep:
    i live about 30min train/1hr bus journey but if their paying might as well stay ova on thurs!! what hotel u booked?
    travel lodge on broad street

ReputationRep:
    same...thats the one they recommended i think and closest.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to an Audit one and a Tax one.

Audit the second day was v.useful involving actual shadowing at a client site. 9am-6pm

The tax one the second day wasn't actual shadowing but was assigned to a particular buddy for the first few hours then the rest of the day was a few short presentations and a game or two, as well as a lunch, similar to the first day, I found it useful, though those expecting work experience/shadowing may have been disappointed slightly.

In both cases the first day was fun games and presentations pretty much Deloittes one day Insight Day event.

Make sure that you have submitted an application, which is similar to the actual Deloitte appliction. On both ones I went to a few people had turned up without having done so. The registration process can be slightly confusing.

HTH

ReputationRep:
    Is this any different from 'Inside View'?

It's supposed to only be for first years, but sounds rather similar- Games, presentations &c, except with no shadowing. Does anyone know if they pay for accom/travel for this also? Warwick is plenty far from me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blanch777)
    Is this any different from 'Inside View'?

It's supposed to only be for first years, but sounds rather similar- Games, presentations &c, except with no shadowing. Does anyone know if they pay for accom/travel for this also? Warwick is plenty far from me!
    studios do u shadow on your own or with others and do they give u application tips? also what did they say to those who turned up without filling out form?

this one is for anyone/years to attend BUT you need to complete the app that gets sent to you, tho if u were to turn up i doubt theyd say no as its more of an open day.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.