The Student Room Group

What music did you listen to when you were young?

mine in year 7 was this
[video="youtube;010KyIQjkTk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raizelcadres
mine in year 7 was this
[video="youtube;010KyIQjkTk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk[/video]

Ahh the nostalgia
Reply 2
Did u just reply to yourself...
Music that depressed me.
Original post by GUMI
Did u just reply to yourself...

Lool yes, whats wrong with that?
When I was younger, so like 6 - 12 I listened to Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, RED, One Ok Rock, Aqua Timez, Asian Kung Fu Generation.
I had my emo phase very VERY early in life. :biggrin::frown:
Original post by BunnyMidnight
When I was younger, so like 6 - 12 I listened to Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, RED, One Ok Rock, Aqua Timez, Asian Kung Fu Generation.
I had my emo phase very VERY early in life. :biggrin::frown:

Sammmeeeee, then it developed to metal around year 9 xD
Year 7-9, mostly hip hop
Year 9-13, emo or rock, eventually leading to heavy metal.

Now I listen to a mixture of both :lol: (minus emo)
Weird al mostly.
Original post by noticemesenpai
Sammmeeeee, then it developed to metal around year 9 xD

Loool I loved Japanese Rock and American Rock. :biggrin:
However after that phase I only kept listening to One Ok Rock, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Aqua Timez, Back On and more.
I also got into K-pop, K-Hip-Hop, K-R&B, K-Rock, K-Rap..:colondollar:

Korean and Japanese music is my life now...barely listened to English...but that is just me :wink:
Original post by Raizelcadres
mine in year 7 was this

The wheels on the bus...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before secondary school: Akon, Tupac, Eminem etc. The earliest I remember is Atomic Kitten.
High five if you remember this:
8WYHDfJDPDc

Years 7-8: N-Dubzz (alongside some other mainstream pop at the time). I used to aspire to be like Tulisa and to go to jail.

Year 9: I had a Paramore phase. It's the most emo I ever went (hardly emo at all), but it matched all the misery and anger I'd have in me at that time.

Year 10: I tried to get into some music from the 1930s - 1960s but just ended up listening to 'That's Life' by Frank Sinatra and about fifty versions of Henry Mancini's 'Moon River' over and over again. I also became more involved with more of the current pop as well.

Years 11-present: A mixture of everything from the past (still whip out the odd Akon sometimes), with an emphasis on Lana Del Rey, Florence and the Machine and Vance Joy, alongside whatever sounds good on the radio these days
Reply 12
Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys lol you may laugh now but they were the big deal when I was at school. BSB back then were like 1D are now.
In the 60s, I listened to the Beatles (naturally), Rolling Stones (ditto), Foghat, Ravi Shankar, Beethoven (esp. the Ninth), Buddy Holly, Animals and then into the early 1970s with Black Oak Arkansas, Velvet Underground, Grand Funk Railroad, Jefferson Airplane, King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer, among the other greats. It just ain't the same today...
The first record I ever bought, when I was ten, was Union City Blue by Blondie. Then I was mad about Culture Club. I was SO in love with Boy George when I was 15 LOL. Later on I liked Madness ,The Specials, The Pretenders,The Selecter, etc. Then kind of went off mainstream music for years. Then along came Oasis. They changed everything for me. Still to this day they are the band of my life, and will be for the rest of my life. Saw them live 8 times in total. On four of those occasions I took my son along. By then he was familiar with all the lyrics to all their songs anyway. At Marlay Park in Rathfarnham near Dublin we were quite near the front. Noel spotted there was this little kid in the crowd. He gestured over to Liam and Liam looked out to see if he could see him. I told my son to wave to Liam ,which he did. Liam waved back. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. The following Monday at school he told people that Liam Gallagher had waved to him. By the end of the day the entire school, including all the teachers knew. Everyone kept going up to him asking him if it was true.
(edited 7 years ago)
18 and I listen to this
What a tune ...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
I went from Ronan Keating to James Blunt to Beethoven to Bach.
For the majority of my childhood I just listened to pop. But I went through a weird phase in Year 9 where I would listen only to All Time Low and the 1975 :redface: Then later that year I phased into listening to the Weeknd non stop. From that I got into hip hop/rap, then grime and now it's a mix of pop, hip hop, rap and grime, along with songs in random genres :biggrin:
Britpop (still do) and a lot of music from the late 70s.
Chinese music,kpop exo,sometimes James Blunt or when I was very young German music.

Quick Reply

Latest