Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ran a red light today, only by seconds but I still did it! It was at the traffic lights by tesco extra on western avenue and I google the set of traffic lights and I've noticed further down the road for the other set of traffic lights (roughly 200 yards) there was a pole with a grey camera box Im assuming it's a traffic light camera it was quite dark but nothing flashed I'm panicking so much I've only had my licence for a few months!
    This is the exact camera that was there Name:  image.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  124.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Often you'll get away with it, otherwise it ends up being something like a £60 fine and 3 points on your license

ReputationRep:
    The things people worry about nowadays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananapeeler)
    Often you'll get away with it, otherwise it ends up being something like a £60 fine and 3 points on your license
    Fine should be more like ten times that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananapeeler)
    I'm worried about the grey camera box further down the road, if it didn't flash am I in the clear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Fine should be more like ten times that
    Nah the maximum penalty is £1000, which almost never happens. Usually you'll get a fixed penalty notice which is what i was talking about - basically stop worrying you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Usually you see the flash even if its broad daylight, its like lightning striking your car ensuring dark doom passes through your soul for breaking the law.

Anyway, I think you're in the clear. Lucky though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.