Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So a day ago my nose stud fell out while cleaning it and I couldnt put titanium stud back in as it is a corkscrew nose stud so i replaced it with a sterling silver one. It had been 4 weeks since my nose was pierced and i think it may be infected as there is the smallest amount of pus but what is worrying is a little raised bump which kind of looks like a small headless pimple and doesn't hurt, so what could it be?

So i was wondering whether i should change my nose stud back to a titanium one because apparently sterling silver causes it to discolour or whether i should just leave it?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Dilz53)
    So a day ago my nose stud fell out while cleaning it and I couldnt put titanium stud back in as it is a corkscrew nose stud so i replaced it with a sterling silver one. It had been 4 weeks since my nose was pierced and i think it may be infected as there is the smallest amount of pus but what is worrying is a little raised bump which kind of looks like a small headless pimple and doesn't hurt, so what could it be?

So i was wondering whether i should change my nose stud back to a titanium one because apparently sterling silver causes it to discolour or whether i should just leave it?
    If pus is coming out of it, do your best to keep it clean and then you might want to get it looked at just incase there is an infection.

ReputationRep:
    Would the sterling silver cause a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would the sterling silver cause a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem isn't that it's silver. The problem is that it probably wasn't sterile.

ReputationRep:
    So would it be okay to let it heal with sterling silver because apparently it leaves a black mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    So would it be okay to let it heal with sterling silver because apparently it leaves a black mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why take the risk? As above, get it looked at.

ReputationRep:
    I think i will thanks :yes:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There’s no reason to agressivly force it through. Take a very hot shower and allow you pores to open a significant bit...hang out in there for at least 10 minuets! My nose stud fell out while I was sleeping and it was really scary because when I woke up in the middle of the night...I had no idea how long it had been out. I remember that the girl who pierced my nose saying to try this if the stud accidentally fell out. I was in the shower for a couple minutes then gentle pushed it through...didn’t hurt a bit...just naturally went back in! Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.