The Student Room Group

What do you wear to university lectures?

I usually wear a cardigan, blouse and jeans. For shoes I'd usually wear flats or trainers, it just depends on the weather really. If the weather is nice, I'll wear a dress, cardigan and tights which I think is casual. I don't wear make up to uni, I do wear cream and sometimes mascara. I do not comprehend, some girls wear a full face of make up just for lectures. For work, I can understand you have to look presentable but for a lecture.. Really? One girl wore high heels nearly every time I saw her 😕

During November-Februaryish I'm usually in trainers because it's so cold. I usually tie my hair up and do a plait with my side parting, no point having it out when the wind is going to ruin it anyways.

For those starting university, are you buying new clothes? I was so excited to ditch my uniform and wear what I want to wear, although I didn't go crazy haha!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Clothes
Usually just a hazmat suit with matching flippers
Wear things?

This is 2016. Get with the times.
I'm thinking of a different bikini for each day, except for Friday, where I'll wear a biohazard suit
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I usually wear a cardigan, blouse and jeans. For shoes I'd usually wear flats or trainers, it just depends on the weather really. If the weather is nice, I'll wear a dress, cardigan and tights which I think is casual. I don't wear make up to uni, I do wear cream and sometimes mascara. I do not comprehend, some girls wear a full face of make up just for lectures. For work, I can understand you have to look presentable but for a lecture.. Really? One girl wore high heels nearly every time I saw her 😕

During November-Februaryish I'm usually in trainers because it's so cold. I usually tie my hair up and do a plait with my side parting, no point having it out when the wind is going to ruin it anyways.

For those starting university, are you buying new clothes? I was so excited to ditch my uniform and wear what I want to wear, although I didn't go crazy haha!

Surely this should be in the Uni Life forum...
Reply 6
a waistcoat made of dildos over a bridesmaid dress
There's nothing wrong with wearing a full face of make up or heels? :erm: That's how they chose to dress and they obviously were comfortable. Just wear your normal clothes, whatever you'd wear to go to the shops in.
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm thinking of a different bikini for each today, except for Friday, where I'll wear a biohazard suit

What happens on a Friday?
I was waiting for someone to turn up in pyjamas. Never happened.

I just wear usual jeans, converses, random T-shirt, glasses and harry potter socks or socks with day names on them, but I lost one Thursday and Tuesday one each so they go together now.
Onesies are in vogue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emiloujess
Surely this should be in the Uni Life forum...

Oopps, sorry! I did it on my phone and didn't realise :frown:
Trainers + skinny jeans + t-shirt +/- hoodie
Original post by RDKGames
What happens on a Friday?

Outbreak of a disease called 'wasted'. Symptoms usually show later on in the day.
Original post by Anonymous
Oopps, sorry! I did it on my phone and didn't realise :frown:

Whoops :biggrin: Anyway thanks because I was wondering about what I should wear to lectures because I'm starting next month hopefully :smile:
Whoops :biggrin: Anyway thanks because I was wondering about what I should wear to lectures because I'm starting next month hopefully :smile:

I'm going into second year and was just wondering what other people wear to uni, I just dress casually and it depends on the weather really! :smile:

It's just casual, nobody really cares what you wear as long its not glow in the dark or something
Original post by UWS
Clothes

i was gonna comment this
daymn yo keyboard skillz too gd 4me
:mmm:
Original post by thegodofgod
Trainers + skinny jeans + t-shirt +/- hoodie

Same here! Except I don't wear hoodies, I usually wear a blouse/top with a cardigan lol!
My flesh.

Minus the clothes.

Quick Reply

Latest