The Student Room Group

Good unis for care leavers?

I'm wondering what universites are good for people who are leaving care and have extra support? Like accommodation you can stay in all year and extra financial and pastoral support
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by jb1702
I'm wondering what universites are good for people who are leaving care and have extra support? Like accommodation you can stay in all year and extra financial and pastoral support

You should be able to get a support plan at most universities, which should include financial support for things like a new laptop and transport. I'm not sure about the accommodation however??
Royal Holloway offer a care leavers bursary of £5000 per year for students from England.
https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/undergraduate/feesandfunding/bursariesandscholarships/careleavers.aspx

The accommodation contracts are usually for 30 or 38 weeks, but you may be able to make arrangements with the accommodation office for the holidays.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending