Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So basically I am at crossroads and I don't know what to do or how to go about my life. I graduated from High School in 2011 and have been traveling around my country since then. I did choose universities in the USA but the visa was denied on all three occasions.
    Anyways I left that path and have been doing certificate courses online. Higher education in foreign countries is extremely expensive which I cannot afford at this moment.
    But I cannot sit here and waste my life especially since I aspire to travel a lot, see new places and meet new people. So I looked up options on go abroad and here is the deal.
    I am eligible for some internships and TEFL and ESL programs. But I don't know which one should I opt for. Internships are great but they have such expensive deposits and application fees. Though I would like to take up some provided I am offered a placement.
    Then there's tefl and esl language courses which I am interested in pursuing especially esl in Ireland. One of the ESL Language SA offers a course combined with internship which I wanted to opt for. I really wanted to take up an ESL course in the UK but with the Brexit and all, things don't look too good right now.

Also the biggest problem is visa. I come from a nation which needs a visa for every single place on this planet. And since I have been denied F1 visas thrice and a tourist visa for UK (wanted to visit my aunt but forgot to supply the invitation letter- my fault) I am quite scared to approach the embassies of any country in the fear of rejection.

I am not sure what to opt for. Can you all give me some advice on what should I take up ?? I need assistance as I don't have anyone to give advice so if anyone of you can help me out, it would be really helpful.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically I am at crossroads and I don't know what to do or how to go about my life. I graduated from High School in 2011 and have been traveling around my country since then. I did choose universities in the USA but the visa was denied on all three occasions.
    Anyways I left that path and have been doing certificate courses online. Higher education in foreign countries is extremely expensive which I cannot afford at this moment.
    But I cannot sit here and waste my life especially since I aspire to travel a lot, see new places and meet new people. So I looked up options on go abroad and here is the deal.
    I am eligible for some internships and TEFL and ESL programs. But I don't know which one should I opt for. Internships are great but they have such expensive deposits and application fees. Though I would like to take up some provided I am offered a placement.
    Then there's tefl and esl language courses which I am interested in pursuing especially esl in Ireland. One of the ESL Language SA offers a course combined with internship which I wanted to opt for. I really wanted to take up an ESL course in the UK but with the Brexit and all, things don't look too good right now.

Also the biggest problem is visa. I come from a nation which needs a visa for every single place on this planet. And since I have been denied F1 visas thrice and a tourist visa for UK (wanted to visit my aunt but forgot to supply the invitation letter- my fault) I am quite scared to approach the embassies of any country in the fear of rejection.

I am not sure what to opt for. Can you all give me some advice on what should I take up ?? I need assistance as I don't have anyone to give advice so if anyone of you can help me out, it would be really helpful.
    Thanks.
    What country are you from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.