The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application Cancelled ?!?!

I logged on to my SFE page and saw my application for student loans had been cancelled. I have not clicked on anything that look remotely like a cancel button and so I am lost as to what has happened and what I should do. I applied for first year loans as I am just starting uni. Does anyone know what I should do and has this happened to others ? Any help would be appreciated
I personally can't advise you and I can see you are anxious about it, but I'm sure someone who knows more about it will be along to help you out.
Reply 2
Hi there,
The best option would be to call up Student finance. They will be able to provide you with more information as to why it good cancelled.

Hope it all works out :smile:
Reply 3
I agree with the above - call SF. We can only guess.

Unless you can think of any reason why you might not be eligible then it's hopefully just an admin error.

The sort of thing which might make you ineligible include:

- You have spent too many years on uni-level study before (even if you have no qualifications as a result)
- You already have a degree and your new one isn't on the exemption list for second degree funding
- You parents' income on your SF application doesn't match their tax records for that year (although you would normally be contacted to ask for clarification, rather than just having your application cancelled)
- You haven't been resident in the UK for 3 years if you came from outside the EU
....etc.
Reply 4
Well it the reason turned out to be that EU students can't apply online. Instead we have to send a 24 pg form to SF. The mistake was on me
Original post by Aubin97
Well it the reason turned out to be that EU students can't apply online. Instead we have to send a 24 pg form to SF. The mistake was on me

Glad you got it sorted. Good luck with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending