Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've searched, cv-littered, asked - sorry, "enquired", pushed & n.o.t.h.i.n.g!

oh bradford, you fail meeeeeee

how's everyone elses job hunting/job going?

ReputationRep:
    u'll have better potential in leeds than in bradford - concentrate ur efforts there.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's going absolute ****

THinking of doing some volunteer work to bolster up my CV over the summer so it's not all bad I guess

ReputationRep:
    The economy is stalling a bit in the yorkshire area. Companies are getting jitters especially in retail and the big companies are not pushing themselves as much. Just keep pushing.

ReputationRep:
    mmm yeah. well, i think (hopefully) im gonna work for the nursing home down the street with general kitchen duties. it's min wage but it's a start.

before i hand in my app, i'm going to ask if i can do evening/night shifts so if i hear anything back to do with 9-5 shifts, i can work them too.

yesterday i sent my cv for 3 office positions, 2 leafleting things & something else i cant remember. *fingers crossed*

it's just got to the point where i'm considering selling my nan for a job :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saaa)
    mmm yeah. well, i think (hopefully) im gonna work for the nursing home down the street with general kitchen duties. it's min wage but it's a start.
    Do you know if they'd need anyone else at anypoint, I live in Bradford and simply cannot find anywhere that is part-time and doesnt calsh with school times, it's driving me up the wall!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.