When do I apply to study abroad, just finished AS level?

Watch
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is it possible to apply for both UK and abroad universities? For example if I dont get in to any of my UK choices, can I apply for a uni abroad straight away?
Mrs House
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you don't get in first time, take a gap year. It's much better option than going abroad
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's totally possible to apply to universities abroad the same time as UK unis, because the UCAS is only UK unis so there are no restrictions on you applying abroad too

It's definitely something with considering, you'd get great international experience and with the rising fees and loss of grants in the UK you could be a lot better off looking abroad.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous, I've just finished my year abroad in China and there so many scholarships for international students here, you could easily get all your tuition and loving costs covered by the Chinese government! There are some pretty decent universities too, eg Peking uni in Beijing.

Bear in mind that if you go abroad you'll not be able to get a student loan from the UK government, so you'll have to look into scholarships, private loans, your own savings, etc.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Interesting, I'll definitely looks around for some good universities and places to study. Is there a specific deadline to submit an application to study abroad or can you apply anytime before the 1st year starts (it might be a dumb question but I've seen people who hadn't got into any UK unis and just applied to international before 1st year abroad). Aldo, private loans?
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
I've kinda done 3 years of A level already do I really want to keep my years, as healthy as a gap year may seem. Also not many UK universities accept me if I've done 3 years of A level
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
I've kinda done 3 years of A level already do I really want to keep my years, as healthy as a gap year may seem. Also not many UK universities accept me if I've done 3 years of A level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.35%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (65)
30.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.63%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.37%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.58%
I think it's an unfair expectation (59)
27.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads