Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to apply for both UK and abroad universities? For example if I dont get in to any of my UK choices, can I apply for a uni abroad straight away?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get in first time, take a gap year. It's much better option than going abroad

ReputationRep:
    It's totally possible to apply to universities abroad the same time as UK unis, because the UCAS is only UK unis so there are no restrictions on you applying abroad too

It's definitely something with considering, you'd get great international experience and with the rising fees and loss of grants in the UK you could be a lot better off looking abroad.

If you're feeling particularly adventurous, I've just finished my year abroad in China and there so many scholarships for international students here, you could easily get all your tuition and loving costs covered by the Chinese government! There are some pretty decent universities too, eg Peking uni in Beijing.

Bear in mind that if you go abroad you'll not be able to get a student loan from the UK government, so you'll have to look into scholarships, private loans, your own savings, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I'll definitely looks around for some good universities and places to study. Is there a specific deadline to submit an application to study abroad or can you apply anytime before the 1st year starts (it might be a dumb question but I've seen people who hadn't got into any UK unis and just applied to international before 1st year abroad). Aldo, private loans?

ReputationRep:
    I've kinda done 3 years of A level already do I really want to keep my years, as healthy as a gap year may seem. Also not many UK universities accept me if I've done 3 years of A level

ReputationRep:
    I've kinda done 3 years of A level already do I really want to keep my years, as healthy as a gap year may seem. Also not many UK universities accept me if I've done 3 years of A level

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.