The Student Room Group

Whats the best way to revise for History GCSE

I am not very confident when it comes to history. History in general makes me feel stressed as I feel like I cannot do it at all. When it came to revising for my end of year exams, I just rewrote all of my notes more briefly and I am not sure that that was the best way to revise. I made a huge timeline of the events that happened in Germany. Is there a better way to make notes?:bricks:
Reply 1
The important thing is to understand the concatenation of events. Draw a timeline of these events to memorise it. Then on a second page, summarise each event mentioned on the timeline in one sentence so you can detail them if necessary.

Reply 2
I found learning the time line helpful and just reading the revision guide trying to make links to remember it easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Use this and also write essay questions (timed). This will get you to write faster so you can have time to think in the exam.

I also found going to after school revision helped a lot as the teachers can help you and you could be rewarded for your efforts :smile:
I've just been condensing sections into 1 flash card like all of the ways used to help Germany's recovery and just keeping everything in the same bit on less paper seems to help. My condensing skills still need some work but I feel that when it comes to revision for mocks and exams, Ill be less stressed and anxious.

Quick Reply

Latest