Student Finance Watch

Bigfoot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
HAS BEEN CONFIRMED... Im going to be loaded!

Plus the Bath grant, of £1500 for coming.

Tempted to quit job!

Full load and grant and parents paying for accomodation out of my savings.
DaChronik
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bigfoot)

Tempted to quit job!

Lol man... Thats not gonna last you long. Specially now youve jus told everyone your gonna have some extra cash... lol

Someone sad enough work out how much they spend each day lol
Smellslikepie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bigfoot)

Tempted to quit job!

Ace, I got full loan and grant too
recneps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DaChronik)
Lol man... Thats not gonna last you long. Specially now youve jus told everyone your gonna have some extra cash... lol

Someone sad enough work out how much they spend each day lol
First year i was living on about £70-£80 per week... but parents were paying for accommodation. Money doesnt last long.
villette
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A breakdown of expenses would be good...I'm expecting to get the full loan/grant/bursary just because I'm being assessed as an independent (I'm 23 so technically a mature student), but i don't know exactly how much I'll get yet. My parents will help me out, although I'd kind of prefer that they don't give me too much once I'm actually there as I think I'll never learn how to manage money properly if I'm always being bailed out!

I'm most likely going to be in Polden for my accommodation, which is pretty expensive. What do most people do about part-time jobs? I'm not sure if I want one, it will depend on the workload etc., but how easy are they to get?
recneps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by villette)
A breakdown of expenses would be good...I'm expecting to get the full loan/grant/bursary just because I'm being assessed as an independent (I'm 23 so technically a mature student), but i don't know exactly how much I'll get yet. My parents will help me out, although I'd kind of prefer that they don't give me too much once I'm actually there as I think I'll never learn how to manage money properly if I'm always being bailed out!

I'm most likely going to be in Polden for my accommodation, which is pretty expensive. What do most people do about part-time jobs? I'm not sure if I want one, it will depend on the workload etc., but how easy are they to get?
As a rough guess, in a week:

Polden is probably about £80-90 for accommodation (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

You'll then spend something like:

£30 on food
£10-30 on entertainment (going out, drinks, etc)
£5-10 mobile credit

There are then some other things that you wont buy every week, (clothes, train journeys, sports stuff, books, etc)
villette
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Polden is £105/week this year. But that includes full en suite and TV with license. At least the accommodation fees are taken in big chunks so once that's gone you don't have to think about it and can just budget for everything else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Engineering & Design, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management, Science Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1100)
79.14%
Leave (290)
20.86%

Watched Threads