They said tpyically 6 weeks but in your experience, how long did it take
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by I feel myself)
    This time of year it might be more like 4 weeks. 6 weeks is around the deadlines in May/June.

However there is still a risk that you won't get funding through at the start of term if you missed the guaranteed deadline for applying (end May for English applicants). So make sure you have plans in place to cover your costs for the first term - an interest free overdraft etc for short term borrowing until your finance comes through.

ReputationRep:
    You will probably have confirmation around the four to six week mark as PQ says. However, you don't actually get any money until after you have enrolled on your course at the start of the academic year - usually during Induction or Freshers' Week in mid-late September, depending on your start date. If your uni are on the ball (they tell SF that you've turned up, then SF release your money to your bank), the money should arrive a few days after you enrol.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hello

It regards to receiving a quote about how they'd give me, that didn't take very long at all but then again, all my information and evidence went through first time so I probably had it within like 4 weeks, if not less. It all depends on your evidence and how fast it goes through and how quickly they can work it out depending on your situation.

In regards to receiving the money from them, no one receives student finance money until you have 'enrolled' at your university. Once you've enrolled at your university they confirm with student finance that you are actually attending and then it comes through not long after. The dates on the plan they give you are pretty accurate, at least they have been for me. OH! also it depends on your back and how quickly money is processed once deposited.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.