Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    By a talivan... GRR.

Doing 80 (Indicated) in a 60, a van flashed me, and there was a break in the oncoming traffic and I saw it.

Think it must have been a laser gun as all I could see was a black shiny screen

I think itll just be a three pointer, oh well it was inevitable ... I dont drive irratically but when the roads clear I like to give it some.

/Not listening to the preppy who will come on and say they have never sped, for they are a lier.

ReputationRep:
    well some people dont speed and so they arnt liArs,some people dont feel the need to speed. i dont in a 60 only got urself to blame to be honest

ReputationRep:
    vans dont flash? If the black windows were up on the van then it wasnt recording.

ReputationRep:
    Chalk it up to experience...
    Ive been pinched twice by coppers at stupid o clock in the morning on deserted roads at silly speeds such as 36 in a 30.... mmm... rebel with out a pause...
    If you get a letter through the door send me a PM...

ReputationRep:
    If you care for your fellow motorist, if you see a speed trap, you can flash you lights and wave your arms to indicate this to oncoming traffic.

NOTE: I'm told this is Illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddEk9)
    vans dont flash? If the black windows were up on the van then it wasnt recording.
    No a van flashed to warn me.... its window was open with some device inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minardi)
    If you care for your fellow motorist, if you see a speed trap, you can flash you lights and wave your arms to indicate this to oncoming traffic.

NOTE: I'm told this is Illegal.
    It is perfectly legal to inform people of a speed trap. Thats why the locations are published in the newspapers and on websites.

The whole point of cameras is to slow traffic down and reduce accidents. By indicating to other cars that there are cameras you make them likely to slow down, and are therefore improvind road safety.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Listen to that man, ignore me.

Do you lot get OAP speed traps like we do around S. Derbys? The local "Safety" scamera partnerships like handing out laser guns and yellow jackets like confetti, so you can be driving along and theres a group of OAP's lasering you. They get a hell of alot of abuse, trust me. Just walking on the other side of the road you could hear it.... I don't blame those hurling it in the least.

ReputationRep:
    flash lights twice and thumbs down is the norm, is it not?

ReputationRep:
    Something like that, aye

ReputationRep:
    I thought i'd been cought twice with these vans, but luckily I've gotten away with it. If the notice doesn't come within 2 weeks of the offence, it's not valid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minardi)
    ^ Listen to that man, ignore me.

Do you lot get OAP speed traps like we do around S. Derbys? The local "Safety" scamera partnerships like handing out laser guns and yellow jackets like confetti, so you can be driving along and theres a group of OAP's lasering you. They get a hell of alot of abuse, trust me. Just walking on the other side of the road you could hear it.... I don't blame those hurling it in the least.
    Yeah, i got done by one of those two weeks ago - funnily enough it wasnt far from South Derbyshire (a village called Belton, near East Mids Airport).

The irony is at the time they're claiming i was speeding, i was in wetherspoons in loughborough and the car was in a car park. Having driven to Belton since and seen the "old duffers" out again, they look like the kind of people whos eyesight is probably so poor they wouldnt be able to read the reg plate of whatever car was really doing 45 in a 30 zone past them. I resisted the temptation to pull over and have a go at them, as they'd probably report me to the police for harassment or something... just drove past them at about 25mph, slowing down all the traffic behind so they couldnt catch anyone.

ReputationRep:
    And having just opened the post that arrived this morning i've just found a letter from them apologising for their mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    flash lights twice and thumbs down is the norm, is it not?
    Lol, both thumbs? So you're driving no-handed?

I've flashed once and put one thumb down to warn someone before.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, it's only 3 points. As long as you don't do a job that needs a clean licence, you'll be ok. Alternatively, move to Germany, near an unrestricted autobahn.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry OP, everyone gets done once. Passing your driving test is like opening a new box of cotton buds. You know you're going to accidentally pelt them at the floor, so you may as well get it over and done with and learn from the experience. What you need to watch out for, and I'm in no way familiar with the law, but it's an idea, is that they don't get you for dangerous/reckless driving, seeing as you were quite far over the limit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Don't worry OP, everyone gets done once.
    wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    Don't worry OP, everyone gets done once.
    My dad's been driving for 29 years and has never been done =P
    Never claimed on insurance either, so does that mean he has 29years ncb? =P

ReputationRep:
    ******s...no harm done in doing 80 in a 60, surely they have better things to be doing etc

ReputationRep:
    80 in a 60 could prove iffy as it's well beyond the national speed limit.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.