Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

About 5 years ago my so called friend stole something and then later on put the blame on me. Even my own mum didn't trust me. I cried for 4 hours telling her I didn't do it but she didn't believe me so I just accepted that I did it. She believed the person she didn't even know(my so called friend) but not her own son. Then she told my dad, then my granda and my uncles and basically anyone I knew at the time. Nobody listened to me. It was very hard but I moved on. At least I tried to. But now all this is coming back to me and I've started crying a lot and this also gives me a very bad feeling(I don't know how to describe the feeling but its very bad). I can't deal with it.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Not worth crying over. Just be sure in time to come you will ahve the opportunity to tell her and why you admitted to it. You can try to do it now, but do you think she will believe you? If you do it in a clam and serious manner, then eventually it might raise a doubt in her mind and that you may be telling the truth. Presumably the only evidence you could get would be a confession from the other person.

ReputationRep:
    That's not right you taking the blame for something that your so called friend did. Hope that you're no longer friends with this person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    About 5 years ago my so called friend stole something and then later on put the blame on me. Even my own mum didn't trust me. I cried for 4 hours telling her I didn't do it but she didn't believe me so I just accepted that I did it. She believed the person she didn't even know(my so called friend) but not her own son. Then she told my dad, then my granda and my uncles and basically anyone I knew at the time. Nobody listened to me. It was very hard but I moved on. At least I tried to. But now all this is coming back to me and I've started crying a lot and this also gives me a very bad feeling(I don't know how to describe the feeling but its very bad). I can't deal with it.
    The feeling is probably a form of anxiety. You should take some time to just breathe and do something simple, active and repetitive to keep your mind off it until you want to confront it, like cleaning your room or playing a game that keeps your mind occupied.

Are you still friends with that person? And was it something really big/expensive that was stolen? If it wasn't that bad, you should try to reassure yourself that it isn't that big of a deal. If it was, you should remind yourself that it wasn't you who did it and maybe talk to the person who did do it if you can bring yourself to do that. If it's coming back to you this long after its happened, you probably need some kind of closure or something.

I often took the blame for something I didn't do with my old step sister and it really got me down so i understand how bad it can feel, but just know that you didn't do anything and it's not your fault.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Not worth crying over. Just be sure in time to come you will ahve the opportunity to tell her and why you admitted to it. You can try to do it now, but do you think she will believe you? If you do it in a clam and serious manner, then eventually it might raise a doubt in her mind and that you may be telling the truth. Presumably the only evidence you could get would be a confession from the other person.
    I don't know if she will believe me because she should should've believed me back then plus I don't even trust her anymore
    (Original post by sharkbate633)
    That's not right you taking the blame for something that your so called friend did. Hope that you're no longer friends with this person
    No am not infact since this happened I am not frinds with anyone. Am a bit of a loner since then
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    The feeling is probably a form of anxiety. You should take some time to just breathe and do something simple, active and repetitive to keep your mind off it until you want to confront it, like cleaning your room or playing a game that keeps your mind occupied.

Are you still friends with that person? And was it something really big/expensive that was stolen? If it wasn't that bad, you should try to reassure yourself that it isn't that big of a deal. If it was, you should remind yourself that it wasn't you who did it and maybe talk to the person who did do it if you can bring yourself to do that. If it's coming back to you this long after its happened, you probably need some kind of closure or something.

I often took the blame for something I didn't do with my old step sister and it really got me down so i understand how bad it can feel, but just know that you didn't do anything and it's not your fault.
    No I am not friends with him. It's not the thing thst's bothering me it's the fact that no one believed me and how wveyone treated me after what happened
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I don't know if she will believe me because she should should've believed me back then plus I don't even trust her anymore

If its 5 years ago and they didnt believe you then, it is pretty much in the past.
    Pointless getting upset about.

She may or may not be,ieve you now or in the future. It depends on your reputation.

If you dont trust her and your relationship is poor, then why be bothered what she thinks? Move on and its not worth being upset about. When you are independent ant established maybe your relationship will change for the better and she might be in more of a listening mood. Till then its just better to move on and not cry about soemthing thats pretty much in the past and you cnat do anything about.

If its 5 years ago and they didnt believe you then, it is pretty much in the past.
    Pointless getting upset about.

She may or may not be,ieve you now or in the future. It depends on your reputation.

If you dont trust her and your relationship is poor, then why be bothered what she thinks? Move on and its not worth being upset about. When you are independent ant established maybe your relationship will change for the better and she might be in more of a listening mood. Till then its just better to move on and not cry about soemthing thats pretty much in the past and you cnat do anything about.
    True. Cheers mate
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    True. Cheers mate
    If it bothers you that much, then take time to see your Grandad, remind him of the event and that no matter what other people say you were innocent. he doesnt have to agree with you the point is you make it clear that you didnt do it. The point is you stood your ground. I say your Grandad becayse he wont be around as long as your parents and that wya youcan have peace of mind you said soemthing.

If it bothers you that much, then take time to see your Grandad, remind him of the event and that no matter what other people say you were innocent. he doesnt have to agree with you the point is you make it clear that you didnt do it. The point is you stood your ground. I say your Grandad becayse he wont be around as long as your parents and that wya youcan have peace of mind you said soemthing.
    I don't know he's probably got more important stuff to deal with but that's a very good idea. Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.