Headache after piercing

Watch
AmberPhilipps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys,

So I had my helix pierced yesterday and all night i had pain around the lower part of my head that wouldnt go away. It was so low at first i thought maybe i'd slept strangely on my neck but now i've realised its a headache. Is this normal and will it gradually ease off as my body gets used to the new piercing? Im only asking because it literally kept me awake for most of last night and i can still feel it now.
stevenjamesleda
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't worry about it too much! I've had loads of piercings done and it is a different experience every time.Everyone reacts differently to piercings and a headache falls well under the normal side effects. Just stay hydrated as to ease up the headache and you should be golden by tomorrow.
Schoenbeckk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have the same thing idk how to get it to stop. But it’s in the opposite side of my piercing
Tash8790
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You should be fine ! I had my helix done didn’t really have this to be fair Keep an eye on it if it becomes inflamed you get a temperature or it suddenly gets worse and unbearable then just call 111 or gp to be on the safe side take paracetamol keep it clean get well soon
Schoenbeckk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tash8790)
You should be fine ! I had my helix done didn’t really have this to be fair Keep an eye on it if it becomes inflamed you get a temperature or it suddenly gets worse and unbearable then just call 111 or gp to be on the safe side take paracetamol keep it clean get well soon
I’m not sure it’s been like this off and on for the last couple of days and is also feels like my opposite ear is plugged
Tash8790
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You might have perforated an ear drum, maybe I dunno maybe call your gp
emilyG396
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It may be infected. Drink antibiotics and clean the piercing often but avoid accidentally moving it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (5)
13.51%
Confident (6)
16.22%
Indifferent (3)
8.11%
Unsure (10)
27.03%
Worried (13)
35.14%

Watched Threads