Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got n interview at mcdonalds tomorrow, before anybody says 'dont work there' nobody else has given me a job so i have no choice.

Anyway, do you think if they're gonna offer me the job they will just tell me then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I've got n interview at mcdonalds tomorrow, before anybody says 'dont work there' nobody else has given me a job so i have no choice.

Anyway, do you think if they're gonna offer me the job they will just tell me then?
    no, usually they like to act "professional" and "consider" you application and call you back in about 2 hours time, even though they know whether they want to take you as soon as the interview is over. this is what happened wit my employers anyway (not mcdonalds).

ReputationRep:
    In my local mcd's where my friend works they just give everyone a job... everyone. Even though they dont tell you straight away.

I work in safeway... they dont give everyone a job either... but i got the job acctually at my interview unussually.

ReputationRep:
    Well done. You finally got a interview. Make sure you get those stars

ReputationRep:
    for GODS sake! dont eat the 'food'!

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably want to test your sperm first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBR50)
    In my local mcd's where my friend works they just give everyone a job... everyone. Even though they dont tell you straight away.

I work in safeway... they dont give everyone a job either... but i got the job acctually at my interview unussually.
    I just gave my CV to safeway but for some reason i don't think they are going to give me an interview . What was the interview like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I just gave my CV to safeway but for some reason i don't think they are going to give me an interview . What was the interview like?
    I work in a small store. "Safeway Compact" now Morrisons have taken over.

I first filled in an application form, I got a very strong recomendation from a present employer (my sis's bf).

The interview includes tests if your working on checkouts (after brief 5mins explanation) and sometimes a maths test I believe. They tell you everyrthing you need to know.

As I worked in a very small store it was all very informal - no CV's. Apparently my application form was only there to put me in the system.

The interview, for me, was in the style "When I give you the job.. you wil do this and this and this", also a bit on hours flexibillity. They like flexible workers.l

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm 17 and get £3.83. I work from between 9 - 24 hours on school weeks, and 16 - 39 on holidays.

I get 4 weeks paid holidays (of contracted 9 hours pay)

I also get a wage rise to £4.90 when i turn 18 I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    They'll probably want to test your sperm first.
    a vital ingredient in BigMacs so i've heard

ReputationRep:
    i work at Asda, i got the job recently and i will get paid £5.19 an hour (17yrs) and £5.59 (18+yrs) next year. I do 20 hours, not bad, id never work at McDonalds, the public treat you like rubish.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by james101)
    i work at Asda, i got the job recently and i will get paid £5.19 an hour (17yrs) and £5.59 (18+yrs) next year. I do 20 hours, not bad, id never work at McDonalds, the public treat you like rubish.
    The management treat you far worse...I found the public were quite nice (for my entire night of employment there)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.