Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an EU student and this will be my first year at University. I've applied in June and received a letter in 30 June saying "Your information is currently being processed..." but since then I haven't heard back from them and I'm starting to worry, seeing that my course starts in September. Should I give them a call and make sure everything is ok?

ReputationRep:
    that's only been a week, best to give them six weeks to process at least

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't start to worry just yet. It has only been 1 week since you received the letter. I would say to give it another 2-3 weeks and you should have heard something by then. If not, speak to the university and just find out where your application is at

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys, I put July but It's June, not July. I've applied in June and received the letter in 30th June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucas8)
    Sorry guys, I put July but It's June, not July. I've applied in June and received the letter in 30th June.
    You applied rather late - 31st May was the last date on which Student Finance guaranteed that your Tuition Fee Loan would be in place for the start of the academic year. However, SF usually quote around 6 weeks for processing a straightforward application, so you should still be fine for the start of the academic year.

Even if not, most unis will accept proof that your SF application is progressing and there shouldn't be an issue if SF pays the first installment of your fees slightly late.

If you want peace of mind, you can always phone them and check that all is progressing well.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    You applied rather late - 31st May was the last date on which Student Finance guaranteed that your Tuition Fee Loan would be in place for the start of the academic year. However, SF usually quote around 6 weeks for processing a straightforward application, so you should still be fine for the start of the academic year.

Even if not, most unis will accept proof that your SF application is progressing and there shouldn't be an issue if SF pays the first installment of your fees slightly late.

If you want peace of mind, you can always phone them and check that all is progressing well.*
    Yeah, I know I applied late but I couldn't do it earlier. Thanks, I'll probably call them tomorrow just to assure that's ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.