The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan vs paying a deposit

Hi there,
Does anyone know if you still have to pay a deposit for a postgraduate course if you have confirmation that you will receive the postgraduate loan?
I have receieved an offer from a university but they ask either for proof of 'sponsorship' or a deposit. Does the postgraduate loan come under sponsorship? It doesn't make sense to pay a deposit if I have proof I'm getting student finance on the day I register anyway...
Thoughts?
Original post by Kristina.marie93
Hi there,
Does anyone know if you still have to pay a deposit for a postgraduate course if you have confirmation that you will receive the postgraduate loan?
I have receieved an offer from a university but they ask either for proof of 'sponsorship' or a deposit. Does the postgraduate loan come under sponsorship? It doesn't make sense to pay a deposit if I have proof I'm getting student finance on the day I register anyway...
Thoughts?

This will depend on the fee payment rules for the university concerned - give them a ring and ask if you need to pay a deposit if you're getting a PGL.
Reply 2
I had to pay £500 to secure my place on the course after accepting my offer. This is because there's only 8 places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending