Interrailing Watch

Hot_Ice
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
what would be cheaper :
buying a global ticket for a month
or
just buying the train tickets as we go, giving more flexiblity on where we go and how long we stay for.

Thanks
halfoflessthan50p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A global ticket will definitely be cheaper for a month(unless youre planning on doing exclusively Eastern Europe.) And I dont see how buying tickets as you go gives you more flexibility :confused: If you've got the interrail pass you can go stupid routes, backtrack, visit places and decide their **** and leave straight away, go round in circles etc etc for no extra cost. Its only, what, 300 euros for the month pass? some trains are going to be 30-40 euros each.

But then again ive never been interailing so i dont really know
Hot_Ice
i meant flexibility as in we could stay for longer than a month but actually that doesnt make sense :confused: so forget it lol.
but thank you anyway
Hot_Ice
oh one other thing when you go to buy the global pass what does the youth rate mean? i mean like how old?
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Youth rate applies for under 26 years old which is absolutely brilliant since you would expect it to be a lot lower!
Iron_Duke
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Probably cheaper to buy the global ticket...I'm leaving tomorrow morning and haven't started packing yet! better get to it now

Depending where you go, using the ICE in Germany 3 times could cost as much as the interrail ticket alone, and you could go over budget by paying for each journey
Hot_Ice
oh i didnt realise the youth rate had such a high age on it, thats great seems as i will only be 19 when i go
Hope you have awesome trip Iron Duke!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (200)
43.57%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (143)
31.15%
I don't have an opinion (116)
25.27%

Watched Threads