Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Apple financing when you're a university student watch

ReputationRep:
    I am due to start university soon and will be receiving a maintenence loan/grant for the year. I am hoping to buy a Macbook Pro for my studies, but with financing. Has anyone else done this before and were they accepted for financing?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a credit history? If not, you may struggle.

And the next question - why buy a luxury product that is generally a third more expensive than similar products that are just as good, if not better, especially if you are on a budget?

ReputationRep:
    Same as above, unless you have a specific need for a macbook, photography student etc, it's a stupid thing to do. Just I'd say you pay nearly twice as much from Apple for a poorer product with less support. Anyway, I think you'll find independent stores who aren't too fussy about financing. If there's a problem, won't your parents do the paperwork for you in one of their names?

Nice guitars by the way, looks like a JEM on the left and maybe a Schechter Omen on the right? I've never had a super-strat out of something like 10 guitars funnily enough, but I'm dying to get my paws on a Mayones. Love the classy white and black binding. It's got the custom look. An inverted tuxedo guitar, as Les Paul described the Black Beauty.

ReputationRep:
    don't do this, if you can't afford it you shouldn't get it... also, you'd be better buying it with your overdraft than committing to monthly payments - but don't get it, get a more reasonably priced laptop if you need one

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.