Turn on thread page Beta

What's the difference between the Children's Edition and the Adult Edition? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it just the cover?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think so, I thought it was like x-rated with swearing and stuff but apparently not. I'm still going to get the kids edition so it goes with my set.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I'm gonna be doing the same :p:

Preordered it there on Amazon

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is any difference at all except for the cover.

ReputationRep:
    The adult edition was designed for adults who read Harry Potter on the train so they won't feel as embrassed since they are reading something with a kiddy cover.

Even though everyone knows that the books is intended for kids, its slightly less embrassing being seen reading a book with a locket on it then three kids in front of a horde or treasure.

ReputationRep:
    Just the cover unfortunatly, I think it would be great to have an 'older' version of the books but oh well. There still great

ReputationRep:
    well i assume one has sexual connotations and the other one doesnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campbell87)
    Just the cover unfortunatly, I think it would be great to have an 'older' version of the books but oh well. There still great
    You want to have an adult version of Harry Potter, go to FanFiction.org.

There are plently of adult stories there, mainly sexual :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    well i assume one has sexual connotations and the other one doesnt
    The books are identical in content

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that some people started with the children's covers and bought the adult covers as they grew up and the books went on - I need all of mine to look like a set.

ReputationRep:
    I want a leather bound set of them for my kids to read!

ReputationRep:
    I changed to an adult cover with the half blood prince because I thought the childrens one looked silly, didnt like the illustration, not because im too grown up. it doesnt match but i prefered the look.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got Adult HBP and will get Adult DH, simply because the covers look nicer, and I don't really care about having a matching set

I think you can Latin versions, can't you? That would be ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywollydoodle)
    I changed to an adult cover with the half blood prince because I thought the childrens one looked silly, didnt like the illustration, not because im too grown up. it doesnt match but i prefered the look.
    I care about them matching, it won't look like a proper set otherwise :p:

ReputationRep:
    the cover, i bet.

although why anyone would want to get the adult version beats me:confused: if they're too embarrased with the front bit, a) improve the design innit or b) wrap it in leather or sumthin.

ReputationRep:
    No difference.

I too shall be getting the Children's version so that it fits in with the rest of mine. It pains me that I have paperback versions of PS and CoS and the rest are hardback. Plus my CoS cover looks funny - its like black and white so I don't know what happened there....

I spend far too long finding the right editions of all my books so they match so getting the Adult version at this stage would be practically sacrilege :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpinkuk)
    Yeah I got Adult HBP and will get Adult DH, simply because the covers look nicer, and I don't really care about having a matching set

I think you can Latin versions, can't you? That would be ace.
    You can get it in basically any language. Latin is one of them I think, yes. Ancient Greek also. I hate to think who the poor sod is that had to translate it...

EDIT: Apparently it is available in the following:

Afrikaans - Albanian - Arabic - Basque - Bulgarian - Catalan - Chinese - Croatian - Czech - Danish - Dutch - English - English on Audio CD - Estonian - Faroese - Finnish - French - French Video/DVD - French CD-ROMs - Galician - German - German (Regional): Low Saxon - Greek - Hebrew - Hungarian - Icelandic - Indonesian - Irish Gaelic - Italian - Japanese - Korean - Latin - Latvian - Lithuanian - Norwegian - Persian - Polish - Portuguese - Romanian - Russian - Serbian - Slovak - Slovenian - Spanish - Spanish Video - Swedish - Thai - Turkish - Ukrainian - Urdu - Vietnamese - Welsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeepMeep09)

I too shall be getting the Children's version so that it fits in with the rest of mine. It pains me that I have paperback versions of PS and CoS and the rest are hardback. Plus my CoS cover looks funny - its like black and white so I don't know what happened there....
    I have the exact same problem and it annoys me so much. If they bring out a special edition hardback box set I will probably have to buy it, although it will annoy me that they aren't first editions lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_Girl)
    I have the exact same problem and it annoys me so much. If they bring out a special edition hardback box set I will probably have to buy it, although it will annoy me that they aren't first editions lol.
    Ah so true! I don't think I'd buy that set just becase they aren't first editions plus I love having books that look really well read ... and believe me, my HP books do.... very very much so....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeiou81)
    Hehe this thread has made me think more about an adult version of Harry Potter..

Ron: "Madam Pomfrey, i have a bit of a, erm, problem"
    MP: "Ah, ooh dear, I see. Well, nothing I can't fix. Petrificus Totalus!"

ahahhahaha! Thats genious!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.