Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Anyone who has done Arabic GCSE and can give me a hand? I am going to go into yr11 in September, I have been learning Arabic since yr7 or8 and it is not my first language. Urdu is. I have been doing listening papers bit I find some of the questions hard because i don't understand them. I am already doing eleven GCSEs and I want to drop it. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosepower)
    Hi
    Anyone who has done Arabic GCSE and can give me a hand? I am going to go into yr11 in September, I have been learning Arabic since yr7 or8 and it is not my first language. Urdu is. I have been doing listening papers bit I find some of the questions hard because i don't understand them. I am already doing eleven GCSEs and I want to drop it. Any advice?
    In addition, my teacher has told me to print the script out,translate it then do the listening which takes out the whole idea of listening to the extract

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I just finished yr 11 , and just done the GCSE EDEXCAL 2016 EXAM. What do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I just finished yr 11 , and just done the GCSE EDEXCEL 2016 EXAM. What do you need help with?
    I guess the main problem is that i don't understand the language in listening papers and in reading i can't answer the questions unless i translate the text. My teacher has said to translate the listening from the script but that takes out the whole idea of listening. I was thinking to drop it if my parents let me, because it is stressful with 11 other gcses

ReputationRep:
    I guess the main problem is that i don't understand the language in listening papers and in reading i can't answer the questions unless i translate the text. My teacher has said to translate the listening from the script but that takes out the whole idea of listening. I was thinking to drop it if my parents let me, because it is stressful with 11 other gcses
    Im sorry but you cannot do the exam if you dont understand the language well. Arabic is my 3rd language, and im ok at it. Listening is my favourite paper. However, even for me the audio was soo fast in the last 10 mark question. I missed two questions However im still predicted a very good grade If you think the subject isnt for you and is stressful, tell your parents please, and drop the subject. It may affect your other 11 GCSEs
    Hope i was of good help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Im sorry but you cannot do the exam if you dont understand the language well. Arabic is my 3rd language, and im ok at it. Listening is my favourite paper. However, even for me the audio was soo fast in the last 10 mark question. I missed two questions However im still predicted a very good grade If you think the subject isnt for you and is stressful, tell your parents please, and drop the subject. It may affect your other 11 GCSEs
    Hope i was of good help
    So you've known Arabic since you were young! It would be a waste of the two years and my teacher would get upset

ReputationRep:
    So you've known Arabic since you were young! It would be a waste of the two years and my teacher would get upset
    Im Somali. However i have been learning arabic since yr 2. But despite this my speaking still has flaws
    Idk girl its your choice :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Alif Ba Ta

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Alif Ba Ta

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that all the Arabic you know

I know what Alif Lahm Meem means
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    no I can read the quran

ReputationRep:
    no I can read the quran
    mashallah
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    mashallah
    😃; I Don't understand It though, unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    😃; I Don't understand It though, unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither do I, I don't know how I am going to do Arabic GCSE
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Neither do I, I don't know how I am going to do Arabic GCSE
    Good luck 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Well, then drop it. Easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.