Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You should have just walked away, I'm shocked that boots would do such a thing (though I suppose they are a different company now) but they have always been reasonable in my experiences.

ReputationRep:
    i'd have told 'em to [verb] their bill up their [noun]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Tom)
    I'm seriously thinking of editing my post into a complaint letter/e-mail. I'm more annoyed now at the discovery of a thread on MoneySavingExpert declaring that D&A are dishing out free tests without any obligation to buy anything. Meh.

What would have happened do you think if I'd refused to pay? Or lied about not having any cash on me? I really believe the sales rep is at fault here. He mentioned nothing of a charge whatsoever.
    Nothing, you should have just walked out. What is the worst that could've happened? You didn't steal anything after all.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    you should send a complaint to their head office, and if that doesn't work to the office of fair trading since the offer was not explained at the time.

ReputationRep:
    You got dun son.

But not really as there are usually clauses to these thing, BUT if it was NEVER made clear to you about the terms then complain..are you sure you didnt sign anything beforehand? otherwise it oculd be hard to prove.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    That's terrible, I'd complain whatever the outcome..

Give 'em hell...

ReputationRep:
    You should have kicked up a fuss.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by _jackofdiamonds)
    You should have kicked up a fuss.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would've made a big deal about it and there's no way I would've paid if they hadn't even hinted that I might have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    notify trading standards

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    As I said notify TS if you wanna get them in toruble, they might send someone i n for a test.

It will prob down as your word against them as you have taken a service you could probably be doen for stealing in a way - tho i assuemd they would have to take you to court (rather than it being criminal?)

But yea, complaining won't hurt.

ReputationRep:
    I would never have stood for that. If they said it was free, they can't charge you afterwards!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.