The Student Room Group

Extended essay bio HL

Okay I am really confused about my Bio extended essay I have gone thru a lot of websites and I think this is a good topic but I need some opinions, pointers, any help, I have time but I want a head start cuz I know I have to collect a lot of data....

This is the topic:
Effects of the increasing Co2 on the photosynthesis of (2 plants)

I was thinking of doing experiments on 2 different plants to also show how the effect varies when the plant species is different
Original post by SmyrnaGarg
Okay I am really confused about my Bio extended essay I have gone thru a lot of websites and I think this is a good topic but I need some opinions, pointers, any help, I have time but I want a head start cuz I know I have to collect a lot of data....

This is the topic:
Effects of the increasing Co2 on the photosynthesis of (2 plants)

I was thinking of doing experiments on 2 different plants to also show how the effect varies when the plant species is different

Use water plants, submerge them in water, keep all variables constant, such as light intensity, temperature and vary the CO2 partial pressure and count the number of gas bubbles given off. If you want to be more accurate, use a gas syringe. This is really the basis of the method, I'm sure you can fill in the other blanks yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending