Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I Can't stop thinking about a girl who offended me Watch

ReputationRep:
    Long story short; for nearly a year i have fancied a girl at uni and we were (once) close. However four months something went wrong.

She kept inviting me to a thing and i kept declining and one day i accidentally said something the wrong way and then she said (although not angrily but in a blunt attack) that i'm antisocial, that i always give up things blah blah.

She basically insulated that i was special needs and it hurted me so badly that a girl who i liked would say such things but not in an angrily way. Since then i have not seen her. Although l saw her last week and i hid in the bushes :cry2:.

I know i'm not a social butterfly or whatever but this was someone who i loved so badly for the first time. I STILL cant stop thinking about her and i still have feelings even though we both stopped talking

what the bloody hell should i do

ReputationRep:
    Hiding in a bush? I think you are special needs mate.

ReputationRep:
    You hid in a bush???? Why a bush of all things????? o.O

Just talk to her, explain what's going on and how you are feeling. It doesn't have to be all sappy just a quick "Why did you say that?" or something.

If she is still saying things that you don't like that are insulting then I'm sorry but she just doesn't deserve you and as hard as it may be you just have to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to her...anyone can offer you advice but ultimately you speaking to her will clear up once and for all how she feels about you. Im a strong believer in taking risks so you should do it! It might be worth it......

good luck! XXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet Benin)
    Long story short; for nearly a year i have fancied a girl at uni and we were (once) close. However four months something went wrong.

She kept inviting me to a thing and i kept declining and one day i accidentally said something the wrong way and then she said (although not angrily but in a blunt attack) that i'm antisocial, that i always give up things blah blah.

She basically insulated that i was special needs and it hurted me so badly that a girl who i liked would say such things but not in an angrily way. Since then i have not seen her. Although l saw her last week and i hid in the bushes :cry2:.

I know i'm not a social butterfly or whatever but this was someone who i loved so badly for the first time. I STILL cant stop thinking about her and i still have feelings even though we both stopped talking

what the bloody hell should i do
    I think she just bluntly said something that she probably regrets now and I think you'd do well to reconcile to her. She hasn't (from your paragraph) actually seen you since the incident to really have a clear opportunity to apologise. Perhaps this is a scenario in which you both feel sorry, but are to afraid to apologise? I mean, when a girl constantly, constantly asks you to go somewhere, she clearly likes you - and I'm near certain one insult won't detract that.

May I ask what you said that caused her to react like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Hiding in a bush? I think you are special needs mate.
    It's Social Anixety man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    May I ask what you said that caused her to react like this?
    I was in the library but i had been drinking during the day so i was tipsy or probably nearly drunk and she came round nearby. I tried to hide because i knew i was drunk.

So she crept behind me and we spoke then she mentioned the thing she keeps inviting me to. I then accidentally say 'i hate everyone there' and she started saying how ungrateful i am and how i'm always miserable and drunk but she put it a nice content. I knew i was tipsy or drunk when we last spoke but i don't think she noticed.(i have gone to her drunk before).

After she nicely said bye to me, i started crying lol and i literally cried for a week. so yeah lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet Benin)
    I was in the library but i had been drinking during the day so i was tipsy or probably nearly drunk and she came round nearby. I tried to hide because i knew i was drunk.

So she crept behind me and we spoke then she mentioned the thing she keeps inviting me to. I then accidentally say 'i hate everyone there' and she started saying how ungrateful i am and how i'm always miserable and drunk but she put it a nice content. I knew i was tipsy or drunk when we last spoke but i don't think she noticed.(i have gone to her drunk before).

After she nicely said bye to me, i started crying lol and i literally cried for a week. so yeah lol.
    Lol. This isn't really anything serious then. Just apologise to each other and it'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to her and try and sort things out, there was a guy I met at uni a year ago too and I I said some things I regret. But I apologised after 6 months of not speaking and were on good terms now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.