The Student Room Group

Asking if an ex would like to start seeing you again on a casual basis?

The guy I had been seeing for a while at uni ended things because he didn't think the relationship would work with us barely being albe to see each other for 3 months over the summer break.

When the summer break ends, I've been thinking of asking him if he would like to start seeing each other again on a very casual basis.

My feelings for him are fading, and I miss regular sex and his friendship. To me it kinda makes sense.

What are people's opinions? Do you think he will agree?
I don't think it's a good idea tbh. What will happen if you end up developing feelings again
From my experience, the feelings just come back after a while. We then started another relationship which could be seen as a good thing, though most of the time it seems like this kind of things ends in more heartache than the sex is worth.
I think you should go for it
Depends how intense **** was in the first place.

If you never really 'fell in love' then I'd just go for it and enjoy the sex and companionship while y'all both wait for a replacement.

If one of you became super infatuated then I'd say nuh-uh.
Seriously? Just because you miss the regular sex then it's ok to risk hurting a guy's feelings? Although I am inclined to think that the guy would most probably nod for the sake of sex.
Don't do it. You'll only end up hurting.
Yeah sure, because it worked out so well in the end the first time, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending