Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm EU student, this will be my first year. I haven't booked any accommodation because I'm a late applicant and I wasn't sure if I would go study abroad. Anyway, my firm is DMU in leicester and I probably won't be able to book an accommodation because it's too late, anyone can tell me what are my options here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucas8)
    So, I'm EU student, this will be my first year. I haven't booked any accommodation because I'm a late applicant and I wasn't sure if I would go study abroad. Anyway, my firm is DMU in leicester and I probably won't be able to book an accommodation because it's too late, anyone can tell me what are my options here?
    Try calling your university and ask what your options are. If all else fails then you will just have to look for private accommodation and rent a room in a shared house/flat with other random strangers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random.guy)
    Try calling your university and ask what your options are. If all else fails then you will just have to look for private accommodation and rent a room in a shared house/flat with other random strangers.
    Thanks for the reply. Would you know how most of these private accommodations for students work? Like I have to make a deposit when I enter the house or if bills are included in the rent and such, because I don't have a clue about how this works in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucas8)
    Thanks for the reply. Would you know how most of these private accommodations for students work? Like I have to make a deposit when I enter the house or if bills are included in the rent and such, because I don't have a clue about how this works in the UK.
    For students you either look online e.g. gumtree, rightmovestudents or other websites; you may also find them advertise alongside the road if you are here in advance. The rent may or may not include utility bills in the rent or just partially e.g. internet but no water or electricity; so you would have to find a provider with the other housemates or yourself if you're living alone. Yes you would have to pay a deposit all landlords would ask for one, just make sure when you pay your deposit it is kept in a 3rd party deposit scheme to keep it safe. Also, you wouldn't need to pay council tax as you're a student so if you receive a letter asking for council tax just email them saying you are a student and give them your student ID or ask you university for a letter to forward to them proving that you are a student.

ReputationRep:
    Use student accommodation sites , trust me they'll get you to your preferred location near your university , there are many sites eg pads for students and accommodation for students . good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.