The Student Room Group

Hi there, i am still considering university...

Hey,
I have been think long time between NHTV in Breda and UK's De Montfort University. The subject that i am willing to study is Game Design. Could someone suggest me to choose on of them.
Thanks and Cheers! :smile:
Reply 1
I'm at DMU on the Game Art course & would defiantly recommend it. It's one of the best in the country, if not the best! If your looking for specifically game design & not art, then I would look elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi there, Josh! I appreciate your response. I will include this university to my list. However i saw that when applying they require you to have some 2D/3D projects...What if i have 2D/3D animations, would that work? Because that's what we have been doing in school for 2 years. Also i have a few projects in Sketchup in case they want architecture.
Reply 3
Original post by idtasov
Hi there, Josh! I appreciate your response. I will include this university to my list. However i saw that when applying they require you to have some 2D/3D projects...What if i have 2D/3D animations, would that work? Because that's what we have been doing in school for 2 years. Also i have a few projects in Sketchup in case they want architecture.

They are primarily looking at your traditional art skills such as drawings, paintings & digital work. This is because they don't expect you to have much 3D knowledge yet. Any 3D work or animation stuff you have is definitely a plus & I would highly recommend adding to your portfolio.

I applied to the course without any real 3D knowledge. I had made some 3D models that were not of any quality, but showed my willingness to learn the 3D software & that I was genuinely interested in developing my skills & pursuing a career in game art. This is something that they liked, so I would try the 3D software before you start the course & show some examples of things you've made. At this point the quality of your models is not important, but the eagerness to learn is!

When you join the course, no matter what level of 3D knowledge you have, everyone starts of with learning the basics again. So it's not much pressure if you have no 3D experience, like in my case, as everyone picks up learning the software pretty quickly.

Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending