Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A little while ago I ask what I should do about my crush on a really close friend. We'd stolen a few kisses on nights out, I really liked her, but she's at Birmingham uni, I'm going to Notts. The general consensus on here was that I should leave it, it wasn't worth ruining a friendship and I think that was fair enough.

Last night me, this friend and a few others went out for the night. We weren't drinking that much, mainly enjoying dancing. Idk how it happened, but we started making out. A lot. And that continued when we all crashed at mine. And all our friends were saying how cute we'd be. And the thing that really stuck was at one point she whispered to me 'I don't regret those other times at all. Those kisses and times we spent together'.

Now trust me, she's not the sort to play guys on. But I'm rubbish at understanding and communicating my emotions. I feel like I should talk to her about last night, but I just don't know what to do, or even what I should be feeling right now...

ReputationRep:
    Do you want more? If yes then I think it is possible to have a mature conversation with her without ruining the friendship, it's not an either or game at this point because you are both aware something is going on, it's not like when someone likes a friend who has no idea. Just be totally honest with her, don't try to just ask her out. She could have meant what she said as she's enjoyed kissing you and it has been nice while it lasted so she might not be interested in more- you need to be prepared for that possibility. But I think if you think someone might be special then it is worth taking risks, otherwise you might miss something great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    Do you want more? If yes then I think it is possible to have a mature conversation with her without ruining the friendship, it's not an either or game at this point because you are both aware something is going on, it's not like when someone likes a friend who has no idea. Just be totally honest with her, don't try to just ask her out. She could have meant what she said as she's enjoyed kissing you and it has been nice while it lasted so she might not be interested in more- you need to be prepared for that possibility. But I think if you think someone might be special then it is worth taking risks, otherwise you might miss something great
    Yeah, I mean we share quite a few friends, and talking to them they seem to think she's open to things. Neither of us are the casual hook up type, we're quite timid. But last night just felt 'natural'.

I did think about meeting up over coffee or something. The only things scaring me at that we are best friends. I don't want to **** that up over a potential relationship. And also this uni thing. She's going into second year and I'm a fresher because I took a gap year on an internship. So I have no idea how it would work. Admittedly Notts to B'ham is like an hour on a train, but I've never done any sort of distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyJMP)
    Yeah, I mean we share quite a few friends, and talking to them they seem to think she's open to things. Neither of us are the casual hook up type, we're quite timid. But last night just felt 'natural'.

I did think about meeting up over coffee or something. The only things scaring me at that we are best friends. I don't want to **** that up over a potential relationship. And also this uni thing. She's going into second year and I'm a fresher because I took a gap year on an internship. So I have no idea how it would work. Admittedly Notts to B'ham is like an hour on a train, but I've never done any sort of distance.
    An hour on the train is very do-able if you wanted to make it work. It's so close you wouldn't even just see each other on the weekend. I don't think you should over think that bit.

The question is,how do you feel? Do you just fancy her? Do you just enjoy having someone to kiss? Or is there maybe something more substantial there? Good friends can be a good starting point for a relationship.

There is risk there but it's not like you need to meet for a coffee and tell her you love her. If you have feelings then I'd say something more around you are developing feelings, the kissing is confusing you so it should either stop and just be friends or you should date. I think if you go into it as an open discussion then there is less risk. I think the realistic worst case there is things get a bit awkward which you can get past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    An hour on the train is very do-able if you wanted to make it work. It's so close you wouldn't even just see each other on the weekend. I don't think you should over think that bit.

The question is,how do you feel? Do you just fancy her? Do you just enjoy having someone to kiss? Or is there maybe something more substantial there? Good friends can be a good starting point for a relationship.

There is risk there but it's not like you need to meet for a coffee and tell her you love her. If you have feelings then I'd say something more around you are developing feelings, the kissing is confusing you so it should either stop and just be friends or you should date. I think if you go into it as an open discussion then there is less risk. I think the realistic worst case there is things get a bit awkward which you can get past
    Thanks a lot, I guess you're right. Think I'll just have to bite the bullet. I honestly do think there's more, and that's what others have said she's thinking as well. Thanks again 😊

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.