The Student Room Group

How to get into medicine

Hi everyone,
I have just finished first year natural sciences(physical) at Cambridge achieving 2:1, I am wondering if there is any way I could change to medicine, always wanted to become a doctor and now I think I should take a risk and chase my dreams. Why I didn't apply initially? I came to the UK 6 years ago without any previous education before that nor the ability to speak English so my GCSE's were a mess(2A's, 3B's and etc). I was too scared that I wouldn't get into university for medicine with those GCSE grades.

Anyone knows any possible ways to change ? Any advice will be appreciated

Results:
A* in A-Level maths, further maths, chemistry and physics
A in AS-level Biology

Thank you, you wonderful people
Original post by tanhai
Hi everyone,
I have just finished first year natural sciences(physical) at Cambridge achieving 2:1, I am wondering if there is any way I could change to medicine, always wanted to become a doctor and now I think I should take a risk and chase my dreams. Why I didn't apply initially? I came to the UK 6 years ago without any previous education before that nor the ability to speak English so my GCSE's were a mess(2A's, 3B's and etc). I was too scared that I wouldn't get into university for medicine with those GCSE grades.

Results:
A in AS-level Biology

Realistically your only option is to finish the degree and apply as a graduate. You should be able to apply to most places, as long as you get a 2:1 and decent entrance exam scores.
Amazing A level results.

Finish your degree with a 2.1 or higher and apply for graduate entry. Also try to get some work experience or volunteering in the medical field.
Original post by tanhai
Hi everyone,

Results:
A in AS-level Biology

How are you going to let your gcse grades not do want you want to do, especially with those good a levels?
Your options are to drop out and apply for medicine, or wait until you graduate and apply then.

The latter is definitely the better option for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending