Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I have just finished first year natural sciences(physical) at Cambridge achieving 2:1, I am wondering if there is any way I could change to medicine, always wanted to become a doctor and now I think I should take a risk and chase my dreams. Why I didn't apply initially? I came to the UK 6 years ago without any previous education before that nor the ability to speak English so my GCSE's were a mess(2A's, 3B's and etc). I was too scared that I wouldn't get into university for medicine with those GCSE grades.

Anyone knows any possible ways to change ? Any advice will be appreciated

Results:
    A* in A-Level maths, further maths, chemistry and physics
    A in AS-level Biology

Thank you, you wonderful people
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by tanhai)
    Hi everyone,
    I have just finished first year natural sciences(physical) at Cambridge achieving 2:1, I am wondering if there is any way I could change to medicine, always wanted to become a doctor and now I think I should take a risk and chase my dreams. Why I didn't apply initially? I came to the UK 6 years ago without any previous education before that nor the ability to speak English so my GCSE's were a mess(2A's, 3B's and etc). I was too scared that I wouldn't get into university for medicine with those GCSE grades.

Results:
    A in AS-level Biology

Realistically your only option is to finish the degree and apply as a graduate. You should be able to apply to most places, as long as you get a 2:1 and decent entrance exam scores.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing A level results.

Finish your degree with a 2.1 or higher and apply for graduate entry. Also try to get some work experience or volunteering in the medical field.

ReputationRep:
    What a turn around! Well done on your results.

As mentioned above, apply for graduate entry medicine, which I believe is very competitive to get into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanhai)
    Hi everyone,

Results:
    A in AS-level Biology

How are you going to let your gcse grades not do want you want to do, especially with those good a levels?

ReputationRep:
    Your options are to drop out and apply for medicine, or wait until you graduate and apply then.

The latter is definitely the better option for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.