Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My twitter got hacked and I can't get back into it :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Twitter is basically my life and I've been hacked. Someone has changed my password and deactivated my account and I refuse to make a new account because damn, I had some great people following me. Does anyone know how I could go about fixing this?
    And I request y'all to keep me entertained til then. My heart is metaphorically shattered.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i think my dead plant is more disheartening

RIP ur twitter acc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Twitter is basically my life and I've been hacked. Someone has changed my password and deactivated my account and I refuse to make a new account because damn, I had some great people following me. Does anyone know how I could go about fixing this?
    And I request y'all to keep me entertained til then. My heart is metaphorically shattered.
    Damn.... get in touch with Twitter and they should be able to help, give them all of your details except your password... more details here! https://support.twitter.com/articles/185703

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Change your password by resetting it through your email?

You have 30 days to re-activate your twitter once it has been deactivated so once you've changed your password it'll be normal again
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    What is wrong with some people in this world, eh?

As above, contact twitter. My dad forgot his password or something but he's okay now. He is blocked on twitter by Diane Abbott for banter :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amingo26)
    Change your password by resetting it through your email?

You have 30 days to re-activate your twitter once it has been deactivated so once you've changed your password it'll be normal again
    IT won't let me because i don't know my original password anymore

ReputationRep:
    IT won't let me because i don't know my original password anymore
    For twitter or your email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amingo26)
    For twitter or your email?
    Twitter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Twitter
    which is why an email reset is necessary...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    which is why an email reset is necessary...
    Ik, but it wont let me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Carrick Fan is that you

ReputationRep:
    Twitter
    If you know your password for your email:

Go to the twitter log in page
    Click forgot password
    Type in your email
    Go to your email and login
    Press the link from twitter in your email
    Type a new password in

ReputationRep:
    Think of it as a blessing in disguise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.