Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I get anxious when girls take long to respond to texts Watch

Is this normal?

Say I am messaging a girl, and she doesn't reply for a few hours, I get anxious and think that I said something wrong or that she's not interested in me.

I respond quite quickly to my texts, be it a guy or a girl and so I have this expectation that their replies should be the same. I'm not saying they should reply instantly, but within the hour or two. It's just when it gets longer than that, I get really worried and it makes the situation with the girl I'm talking to rather uneasy as i'm just waiting there in anticipation for a reply.

What should I do to overcome this?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    You get used to it, girls like to take their time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this normal?

Say I am messaging a girl, and she doesn't reply for a few hours, I get anxious and think that I said something wrong or that she's not interested in me.

I respond quite quickly to my texts, be it a guy or a girl and so I have this expectation that their replies should be the same. I'm not saying they should reply instantly, but within the hour or two. It's just when it gets longer than that, I get really worried and it makes the situation with the girl I'm talking to rather uneasy as i'm just waiting there in anticipation for a reply.

It's nothing to do with you personally, girls just love to reply back late and act as if they're playing it 'cool' or hard to get. It's like they get off on it

ReputationRep:
    Alternative explanations:
    1. They're busy/were in the middle of something when they received the text and then forgot they even received it
    2. They're doing some weird "strategic" thing under the false assumption that the time you take to reply makes any actual difference to anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    It's nothing to do with you personally, girls just love to reply back late and act as if they're playing it 'cool' or hard to get. It's like they get off on it
    I like your avatar and name. It's cute and adorable.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this normal?

It's nothing to do with you personally
    Agreed

girls just love to reply back late and act as if they're playing it 'cool' or hard to get. It's like they get off on it
    Actually, most of the time it's just us being lazy or having a life. You guys just think we're playing hard to get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    I like your avatar and name. It's cute and adorable.
    Thx

It bothers me when my boyfriend does this, but it's just because he tends to be busier than I am and often forgets he's got a message if he's busy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.