Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read any books especially for my application, but there are some great popular medicine books such as the man who mistook his wife for a hat, the private life of the brain, and articles in the student BMJ (free online on www.studentbmj.com) that I read just out of interest. I've also heard that confessions of a junior doctor is good too, but I haven't read it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildchild_06)
    thanks for the advice - i was going to read this book the selfish gene, but have decided to go for something more medical...as it seems a bit repetivie (but obviously its very good blabla...) also - seeing as you got an offer from cambridge (EEE!!:eek: how did that happen?!) could you give me some advice for preparing for BMAT and also my a levels - i dont know whether to drop physics (and do bioo, chem and latin) or drop latin and do the 3 sciences (for A2...) ,, i have posted this in another thread but...thought u could give me some advice!! cheers!
    That isn't really text speak is it?

I assume Athena deleted the text speak post, as that definatley isnt text speak.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't read anything, i tried to read the selfish gene but i am still on chapter 2 or 3. i think the problem is i already agree with whatever he has to say so it doesnt really interest me. i'd say the best thing is to check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/default.stm as that's a goldmine, and i frequently checked out http://www.newmediamedicine.com/foru...play.php?f=161
    which links to interesting news articles. i didnt use that much in interviews but it always helps knowing about current medical news since it gives you lots to talk about and it means you have less chance of being stumped in a question. i was even asked "what has interested you recently in medicine" in my interview. i read bits of the bmj too but it's quite long and can be hard to get hold of so you can always check the website

ReputationRep:
    i did biology chemistry physics maths and french for A-level

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.