Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, my daughter starts Hertfordshire Uni in September 2016. Any idea what she needs to take with her to her accommodation? Not sure what she needs for the shared kitchen, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, plates etc.....Any ideas would be helpful please? Thank you.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Gingerbread66)
    Hi there, my daughter starts Hertfordshire Uni in September 2016. Any idea what she needs to take with her to her accommodation? Not sure what she needs for the shared kitchen, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, plates etc.....Any ideas would be helpful please? Thank you.
    There's a pretty comprehensive guide here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...sity-checklist

And her university may have its own list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bedding, toiletries, towels, food,etc,,,my daughter ended up taking her own pots and pans and kitchen items but they all started sharing once they made friends...table lamp,
    It was amazing how much things people took with them but you art alone...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks for the replies. Most helpful.

ReputationRep:
    pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, plates food also helps.

ReputationRep:
    Small things like notice board pins. Many take a duvet but forget the pillows...lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Food the first few days. Your daughter doesn't want to get there and have to shop.

ReputationRep:
    She needs to have enough cutlery/cockery/cooking implements for her day to day needs. *My two daughters have both been through uni (one through masters) they both started with everything that they needed. *Expect things to be broken, borrowed and burned - so buy cheap. *One followed this rule, one was a bit more of a princess and wanted pink everything. *They both brought about the same amount back after 4 years of studying. *

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.