Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    If there is heaven though, I'd ask God to give me a life identical to this one. I want to see my mother's face...i want to see all the people I know get on with the day to day activities that make us so human. I don't want a heaven.
    Jesus. Get a grip!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Also, another thing is, Im really tempted to follow some super healthy lifestyle in order to live as long as possible. I know it wont be that enjoyable, but life is all we have..so the longer you live, the better
    Yeah that's what my dad is doing! Ultra healthy lifestyle...he's about 60 but he says he's only young and he's going to break the world record by which time scientists will have found a way to make him live super long anyway. I think this fear runs in the family!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Jesus. Get a grip!
    LOL! I Wish i could!

ReputationRep:
    I am not dwelling on death, I know it is enevitable and no matter what I do, I will not escape it, so why bother worrying about it.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I Wish i could!

Death is nothing at all....

x o x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am not dwelling on death, I know it is enevitable and no matter what I do, I will not escape it, so why bother worrying about it.
    I don't want to worry about it. It just happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissSmile)
    Death is nothing at all....

x o x
    I don't like the idea of "nothing"ness.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the idea of "nothing"ness.
    well tough!!

are u religious at all?

by the way anyone have ne idea why my computer keeps makin me sign into ths site everytime i want to reply to a msg even tho im sayin to remember me?! its annoyin me

x o x

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that bothers me is that I wont remember anything...anything I do now, anything Ive done, any enjoyment Ive had, any memories...all gone.

ReputationRep:
    *Gives Adshur a hug*

What a bittersweet thread. Melancholy topic, but demonstrative of how kind and supportive this bunch of people can be. In fact ...

*Gives everyone else a hug for good measure*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissSmile)
    well tough!!

are u religious at all?
    Nope, oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    *Gives Adshur a hug*

What a bittersweet thread. Melancholy topic, but demonstrative of how kind and supportive this bunch of people can be. In fact ...

*Gives everyone else a hug for good measure*
    Awwww Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to worry about it. It just happens.
    I am the lord of pessamism, but this is one thing I do not worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, oh well.
    maybe that's it then....maybe you need to seek out some sort of spiritual/religious enlightenment to help u see what you can believe in and to help you...

x o x

ReputationRep:
    As is said in lord of the rings, death is not the end, rather only the beginning of the next stage of our being.
    That was Harry Potter! Actually its said in a lot of things
    I think death is hard to comprehend in a way, at least it is for people our age when we've got the rest of our lives stretching out before us. But I kinda think we can't even be sure that this life is real (cue Matrix music) so who knows what lies beyond. I just take each day as it comes, basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    That was Harry Potter! Actually its said in a lot of things
    I think death is hard to comprehend in a way, at least it is for people our age when we've got the rest of our lives stretching out before us. But I kinda think we can't even be sure that this life is real (cue Matrix music) so who knows what lies beyond. I just take each day as it comes, basically.
    It was in lord of the rings as well. The point is, there is no point worrying about our mortality as mortal men are doomed to die.

ReputationRep:
    It was in lord of the rings as well. The point is, there is no point worrying about our mortality as mortal men are doomed to die.
    Amen to that. Women, also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Amen to that. Women, also.
    well, I was lifting thr quote from LOTR.

ReputationRep:
    well, I was lifting thr quote from LOTR.
    Tolkien was so sexist. Why wasn't there any main role female hobbits? :rolleyes:
    It's nice to think about there being some kind of happy afterlife, and there's many reports about people being brought back from the dead seeing the infamous white light, but then scientists would argue its just what the brain sees when it starts to shutdown. I'm keeping an open mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Poor you. You're into philosophy yeah? What if we were all just parts of your imagination, and death was just part of your imagination, and in fact everybody can die except you? Or something.

Or... just think how long ago your first memories are, and think those are less than 18 years ago! And you have several times that amount of time left.

Or maybe by the time you grow old and close to death, you'll be bored of life anyway!
    yeah, ive heard old ppl saying they dont want to be the age i am now and dont care about death. i suppose its like now do u wish to be younger?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.