Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    also do any of you think that when your older your going to be sorta jelous of kids coz theyve got longer to live lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    also do any of you think that when your older your going to be sorta jelous of kids coz theyve got longer to live lol
    Lol yeah.

ReputationRep:
    The kids of today are growing up in what has been a pretty crappy decade so far though. I don't feel too jealous of them the 80's and 90's were much more fun.

ReputationRep:
    death is very scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    The kids of today are growing up in what has been a pretty crappy decade so far though. I don't feel too jealous of them the 80's and 90's were much more fun.
    more fun in what way :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    more fun in what way :confused:
    Better music! Better weather! Better socially, where community spirit was a little stronger and there was less violence and the 'chav' phenomeneon was still in its infancy...not so much emphasis on exams, better TV shows, better clothes (now there's so much pressure to conform to fashion), no war on sogging terrorism and best yet, Queen were still around (well, until 1991 anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Better music! Better weather! Better socially, where community spirit was a little stronger and there was less violence and the 'chav' phenomeneon was still in its infancy...not so much emphasis on exams, better TV shows, better clothes (now there's so much pressure to conform to fashion), no war on sogging terrorism and best yet, Queen were still around (well, until 1991 anyway).
    yea i have to agree with the fashion 1 coz i looked like a boy up to being 12 with scruffy sports clothes and crap haircut i think that was just me though as my friends used to dress up. also i think holidays were better eg haven tiger club etc but now their boring (prolly coz ive grown up) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Woah! This morbid fascination has escalated into something completely different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    yea i have to agree with the fashion 1 coz i looked like a boy up to being 12 with scruffy sports clothes and crap haircut i think that was just me though as my friends used to dress up. also i think holidays were better eg haven tiger club etc but now their boring (prolly coz ive grown up) :rolleyes:
    Yeah I could get away with bright fluorescent clothes and noone even cared because image wasn't such an issue. Now I see 8 year olds going around in hipster jeans and crop tops and I think they should be out enjoying themselves instead of worrying about fashion...that's for the teenagers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Woah! This morbid fascination has escalated into something completely different.
    Natural progression I'm glad to have been born when I was though and I'm more bothered about appreciating my own life as it happens than worrying about when it will end.

ReputationRep:
    What you need to do is go out, get really depressed, maybe make a complete fool of yourself in front of thousands of people... then you'll want to die .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    What you need to do is go out, get really depressed, maybe make a complete fool of yourself in front of thousands of people... then you'll want to die .
    Are you speaking from experience?

ReputationRep:
    Natural progression I'm glad to have been born when I was though and I'm more bothered about appreciating my own life as it happens than worrying about when it will end.
    Erm.....I have nothing to say on this matter.....erm.....pikaboo I see you. Where's Adhsur?

ReputationRep:
    If you're really depressed you'd want to kill yourself anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Are you speaking from experience?
    No comment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

If you're really depressed you'd want to kill yourself anyway.
    The embarassment just seals the whole package

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to hazard a guess at how many people topped themselves after hearing the song 'Mad world', by Gary Jules?

ReputationRep:
    The older we get the more we come to terms with death.

ReputationRep:
    The embarassment just seals the whole package
    So you wouldn't just want to die, you probably would kill yourself.

Everyone at some point in their life gets so down they consider suicide, right?

ReputationRep:
    No comment
    Aww come on, we need something to cheer ourselves up!
    'Mad World' just makes me laugh, I'm gonna sing the 'Happy Birthday' part to myself on Monday and do other...weird stuff.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.